Meaning of PEARL in Hindi
Meaning of pearl in Hindi
- कृत्रिम मोती(Pr. kritrim moti kritrim motee)
- मोती जडना(Pr. moti jadana motee jadanaa moti zadana)
- मुक्ता(Pr. mukta muktaa)
- मोती का(Pr. moti ka motee kaa)
- मोती जड़ना(Pr. moti jadana motee jadanaa moti zadana)
- मौक्तिक(Pr. mauktik)
- मोती(Pr. moti motee)
- पर्ल(Pr. parl)
- कोई बहुमूल्य वस्तु(Pr. koi bahumuly vastu koee bahumooly vastu koi bahumuly wastu)
Meaning of PEARL in English
- To fringe; to border.
- One of the circle of tubercles which form the bur on a deer's antler.
- A capsule of gelatin or similar substance containing some liquid for medicinal application, as ether.
- A fringe or border.
- Nacre, or mother-of-pearl.
- A size of type, between agate and diamond.
- Of or pertaining to pearl or pearls; made of pearls, or of mother-of-pearl.
- To cause to resemble pearls; to make into small round grains; as, to pearl barley.
- Hence, figuratively, something resembling a pearl; something very precious.
- A fish allied to the turbot; the brill.
- A light-colored tern.
- A whitish speck or film on the eye.
- To give or hunt for pearls; as, to go pearling.
- A shelly concretion, usually rounded, and having a brilliant luster, with varying tints, found in the mantle, or between the mantle and shell, of certain bivalve mollusks, especially in the pearl oysters and river mussels, and sometimes in certain univalves. It is usually due to a secretion of shelly substance around some irritating foreign particle. Its substance is the same as nacre, or mother-of-pearl. Pearls which are round, or nearly round, and of fine luster, are highly esteemed as jewels, and compare in value with the precious stones.
- To set or adorn with pearls, or with mother-of-pearl. Used also figuratively.
- To resemble pearl or pearls.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PEARL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PEARL
"He crushes the shell for the pearl, dumb in the prison of the dark."
- The word/phrase 'pearl' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'Fruit Gathering'.
"A pearl chain was on his neck, and the sun's rays fell on his crown."
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the pearl in the novel The Gardener.
"Beppo had the pearl in his possession."
- To understand the meaning of pearl, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete Sherlock Holmes.
PEARL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PEARL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear."
- This term pearl was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Fairy Land.
"The Gospel's pearl upon our coast;"
- This term pearl was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem Bermudas.
"Of orient pearl a double row,"
- This term pearl was used by Thomas Campion in the Poem Cherry-Ripe.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें