Meaning of PEAK in Hindi
Meaning of peak in Hindi
Meaning of PEAK in English
- A point; the sharp end or top of anything that terminates in a point; as, the peak, or front, of a cap.
- The top, or one of the tops, of a hill, mountain, or range, ending in a point; often, the whole hill or mountain, esp. when isolated; as, the peak of teneriffe.
- The upper aftermost corner of a fore-and-aft sail;
- The narrow part of a vessel's bow, or the hold within it.
- The extremity of an anchor fluke; the bill.
- To rise or extend into a peak or point; to form, or appear as, a peak.
- To acquire sharpness of figure or features; hence, to look thin or sicky.
- To pry; to peep slyly.
- To raise to a position perpendicular, or more nearly so; as, to peak oars, to hold them upright; to peak a gaff or yard, to set it nearer the perpendicular.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PEAK, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PEAK
"At last he forced himself to -,peak"
- The word/phrase 'peak' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"Her cap had a white peak"
- 'Vladimir Nabokov' has used the peak in the novel Lolita.
"The cap was new; its peak shone"
- To understand the meaning of peak, please see the following usage by Gustave Flaubert in Madame bovary.
PEAK has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PEAK": Examples from famous English Poetry
"As to stand on the highest peak in the world"
- This term peak was used by Muhammad Edwan Shaharir in the Poem Love poem.
"The highest mountain peak"
- This term peak was used by Chris Messick in the Poem Love poem.
"Peak, that is over the feathery palms, more fair"
- This term peak was used by Robert Bridges in the Poem A passer-by.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary