Meaning of PEACE in Hindi
Meaning of peace in Hindi
- शांति(Pr. Shanti shaanti)
- शांत(Pr. Shant shaant)
- अमन(Pr. Aman)
- चैन(Pr. Chain)
- मेल(Pr. Mel)
- अविरोध(Pr. Avirodh awirodh)
- सन्धि(Pr. Sandhi)
- एकता(Pr. Ekata ekataa)
- करार(Pr. Karar karaar)
- शान्ति(Pr. Shanti)
- समझौता(Pr. Samajhauta samajhautaa samazhauta)
- सुकून(Pr. Sukun sukoon)
- सुलह(Pr. Sulah)
- निस्तब्धता(Pr. Nistabdhata nistabdhataa)
- शान्तता(Pr. Shantata shantataa)
- शांत करना(Pr. Shant karana shaant karanaa)
Meaning of PEACE in English
- A state of quiet or tranquillity; freedom from disturbance or agitation; calm; repose
- Exemption from, or cessation of, war with public enemies.
- Public quiet, order, and contentment in obedience to law.
- Exemption from, or subjection of, agitating passions; tranquillity of mind or conscience.
- Reconciliation; agreement after variance; harmony; concord.
- To make or become quiet; to be silent; to stop.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PEACE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PEACE
"Can't a person eat in peace in this place said ron"
- The word/phrase 'peace' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Then he could go back to hating your father's memory in peace"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the peace in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"I'll let you get on with practicing for your next interview in peace"
- To understand the meaning of peace, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
PEACE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
PEACE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PEACE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"You are my peace in the midst of strife"
- This term peace was used by Brett Coulter in the Poem Love poem.
"The spring-wind of peace"
- This term peace was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Hertha.
"Peace, good reader, do not weep;"
- This term peace was used by Richard Crashaw in the Poem An epitaph upon husband and wife.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary