Meaning of PASTURE in Hindi
Meaning of pasture in Hindi
Meaning of PASTURE in English
- Food; nourishment.
- Specifically: grass growing for the food of cattle; the food of cattle taken by grazing.
- Grass land for cattle, horses, etc.; pasturage.
- To feed, esp. to feed on growing grass; to supply grass as food for; as, the farmer pastures fifty oxen; the land will pasture forty cows.
- To feed on growing grass; to graze.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PASTURE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PASTURE
"The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture"
- The word/phrase 'pasture' was used by 'Khalil Gibran' in 'The prophet'.
"Which was quite a feat because talara was a good hour’s walk from the pasture"
- 'Mario Vargas Llosa' has used the pasture in the novel Who killed palomino molero.
"He’s been on my mind ever since i saw him up in the pasture"
- To understand the meaning of pasture, please see the following usage by Mario Vargas Llosa in Who killed palomino molero.
Usage of "PASTURE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And force the fight to fall to play in pasture where they feed"
- This term pasture was used by Richard Edwardes in the Poem Amantium irae.
"Feed in the ooze of their pasture-ground;"
- This term pasture was used by Matthew Arnold in the Poem The forsaken merman.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary