Meaning of PASSION in Hindi
Meaning of passion in Hindi
- आवेश(Pr. aavesh aawesh)
- प्यार(Pr. pyar pyaar)
- शौक़(Pr. shauq shauk)
- उत्साह(Pr. utsah)
- आवेग(Pr. aaveg aaweg)
- चाव(Pr. chav chaav chaw)
- जोश(Pr. josh zosh)
- मनोभाव(Pr. manobhav manobhaav manobhaw)
- सहन(Pr. sahan)
- भाव(Pr. bhav bhaav bhaw)
- धुन(Pr. dhun)
- लालसा(Pr. lalasa laalasaa)
- अनुराग(Pr. anurag anuraag)
- जूनून(Pr. junun joonoon zunun)
- भावावेश(Pr. bhavavesh bhaavaavesh bhawawesh)
- क्रोध(Pr. krodh)
- जुनून(Pr. junun junoon zunun)
- मदहोशी(Pr. madahoshi madahoshee)
- वासना(Pr. vasana vaasanaa wasana)
- विकार(Pr. vikar vikaar wikar)
- कामवासना(Pr. kamavasana kaamavaasanaa kamawasana)
- भावावेग(Pr. bhavaveg bhaavaaveg bhawaweg)
Meaning of PASSION in English
- The state of being acted upon; subjection to an external agent or influence; a passive condition;
- Capacity of being affected by external agents; susceptibility of impressions from external agents.
- Disorder of the mind; madness.
- To suffer pain or sorrow; to experience a passion; to be extremely agitated.
- A suffering or enduring of imposed or inflicted pain; any suffering or distress (as, a cardiac passion); specifically, the suffering of Christ between the time of the last supper and his death, esp. in the garden upon the cross.
- The state of the mind when it is powerfully acted upon and influenced by something external to itself; the state of any particular faculty which, under such conditions, becomes extremely sensitive or uncontrollably excited; any emotion or sentiment (specifically, love or anger) in a state of abnormal or controlling activity; an extreme or inordinate desire; also, the capacity or susceptibility of being so affected; as, to be in a passion; the passions of love, hate, jealously, wrath, ambition, avarice, fear, etc.; a passion for war, or for drink; an orator should have passion as well as rhetorical skill.
- Passion week. See Passion week, below.
- To give a passionate character to.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PASSION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PASSION
"Formerly, earning was a sort of passion with me; I simply couldn't help working for money."
- The word/phrase 'passion' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The Post Office'.
"It is but a tiny stone of glistening pain streaked with blood-red by passion."
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the passion in the novel The Fugitive.
"When her passion is roused she loses her sensibility for all that is outside it."
- To understand the meaning of passion, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in The Home And The World.
PASSION usage in Proverbs/Idioms
PASSION has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PASSION": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Radiating passion, stirring up longing."
- This term passion was used by Petyr BottiAnderson in the Poem Love Poem.
"The red rose whispers of passion,"
- This term passion was used by J B O'Reilly (18441890) in the Poem Love Poem.
"Depth of pains, and height of passion,"
- This term passion was used by John Dryden in the Poem A Song for St. Cecilia's Day, 1687.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें