Meaning of PASSAGE in Hindi
Meaning of passage in Hindi
- गल् gal
- गलियारा galiyara galiyaaraa
- परिवर्तन parivartan pariwartan
- पैसेज हाँक paisej hank paisej haank paisez hank
- मंजूरी manjuri manjooree manzuri
- यात्रटिकट - yatra-tikat yaatraa-tikat
- वाक्य vaky vaaky waky
- परिच्छेद parichchhed
- अंश ansh
- गमन gaman
- जलयात्रा jalayatra jalayaatraa zalayatra
- निकास nikas nikaas
- परस्पर विश्वास विनिमय paraspar vishvas vinimay paraspar vishvaas vinimay paraspar wishwas winimay
- भाड़ा bhada bhaadaa
- मलोत्सर्जन malotsarjan malotsarzan
- स्वीकृति svikriti sveekriti swikriti
- प्रचलन prachalan
- पैसेज paisej paisez
- बरामदा baramada baraamadaa
- मार्ग marg maarg
- रास्ता rasta raastaa
- लेखांश lekhansh lekhaansh
- स्थल sthal
- संक्रमण sankraman
- उतराई utarai utaraaee
- किराया kiraya kiraayaa
- गली gali galee
- तकरार takarar takaraar
- पथ path
- पारण paran paaran
- यात्रा yatra yaatraa
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of PASSAGE in English
- A continuous course, process, or progress; a connected or continuous series; as, the passage of time.
- A separate part of a course, process, or series; an occurrence; an incident; an act or deed.
- Reception; currency.
- Way; road; path; channel or course through or by which one passes; way of exit or entrance; way of access or transit. Hence, a common avenue to various apartments in a building; a hall; a corridor.
- Price paid for the liberty to pass; fare; as, to pay one's passage.
- The act of passing; transit from one place to another; movement from point to point; a going by, over, across, or through; as, the passage of a man or a carriage; the passage of a ship or a bird; the passage of light; the passage of fluids through the pores or channels of the body.
- Removal from life; decease; departure; death.
- A movement or an evacuation of the bowels.
- In parliamentary proceedings: (a) The course of a proposition (bill, resolution, etc.) through the several stages of consideration and action; as, during its passage through Congress the bill was amended in both Houses. (b) The advancement of a bill or other proposition from one stage to another by an affirmative vote; esp., the final affirmative action of the body upon a proposition; hence, adoption; enactment; as, the passage of the bill to its third reading was delayed.
- Transit by means of conveyance; journey, as by water, carriage, car, or the like; travel; right, liberty, or means, of passing; conveyance.
- A particular portion constituting a part of something continuous; esp., a portion of a book, speech, or musical composition; a paragraph; a clause.
- A pass or en encounter; as, a passage at arms.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PASSAGE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PASSAGE
"He was halfway down the passage when he tripped headlong over something lying on the floor."
- The word/phrase 'passage' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"Someone was creeping along the passage."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the passage in the novel Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
"It wasn't him! roared the boy, his voice echoing in the dark passage."
- To understand the meaning of passage, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
PASSAGE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PASSAGE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Could the hunter force a passage;"
- This term passage was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"A Lament for a friend drowned in his passage from Chester on the Irish Seas, 1637"
- This term passage was used by John Milton in the Poem Lycidas.
"And in the dearest passage of a song."
- This term passage was used by Alice Meynell in the Poem Renouncement.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें