Meaning of PASSAGE in Hindi
Meaning of passage in Hindi
- गमन(Pr. Gaman)
- रास्ता(Pr. Rasta raastaa)
- निकास(Pr. Nikas nikaas)
- प्रचलन(Pr. Prachalan)
- वाक्य(Pr. Vaky vaaky waky)
- जलयात्रा(Pr. Jalayatra jalayaatraa zalayatra)
- उतराई(Pr. Utarai utaraaee)
- यात्रा(Pr. Yatra yaatraa)
- स्थल(Pr. Sthal)
- मार्ग(Pr. Marg maarg)
- परिवर्तन(Pr. Parivartan pariwartan)
- अंश(Pr. Ansh)
- पथ(Pr. Path)
- मंजूरी(Pr. Manjuri manjooree manzuri)
- गली(Pr. Gali galee)
- किराया(Pr. Kiraya kiraayaa)
- पैसेज(Pr. Paisej paisez)
- स्वीकृति(Pr. Svikriti sveekriti swikriti)
- तकरार(Pr. Takarar takaraar)
- मलोत्सर्जन(Pr. Malotsarjan malotsarzan)
- गलियारा(Pr. Galiyara galiyaaraa)
- लेखांश(Pr. Lekhansh lekhaansh)
- भाड़ा(Pr. Bhada bhaadaa)
- बरामदा(Pr. Baramada baraamadaa)
- परस्पर विश्वास विनिमय(Pr. Paraspar vishvas vinimay paraspar vishvaas vinimay paraspar wishwas winimay)
- पारण(Pr. Paran paaran)
- यात्र(Pr. टिकट - Yatra-tikat yaatraa-tikat)
- गल्(Pr. Gal)
- पैसेज हाँक(Pr. Paisej hank paisej haank paisez hank)
- संक्रमण(Pr. Sankraman)
- परिच्छेद(Pr. Parichchhed)
Meaning of PASSAGE in English
- The act of passing; transit from one place to another; movement from point to point; a going by, over, across, or through; as, the passage of a man or a carriage; the passage of a ship or a bird; the passage of light; the passage of fluids through the pores or channels of the body.
- Transit by means of conveyance; journey, as by water, carriage, car, or the like; travel; right, liberty, or means, of passing; conveyance.
- Price paid for the liberty to pass; fare; as, to pay one's passage.
- Removal from life; decease; departure; death.
- Way; road; path; channel or course through or by which one passes; way of exit or entrance; way of access or transit. hence, a common avenue to various apartments in a building; a hall; a corridor.
- A continuous course, process, or progress; a connected or continuous series; as, the passage of time.
- A separate part of a course, process, or series; an occurrence; an incident; an act or deed.
- A particular portion constituting a part of something continuous; esp., a portion of a book, speech, or musical composition; a paragraph; a clause.
- Reception; currency.
- A pass or en encounter; as, a passage at arms.
- A movement or an evacuation of the bowels.
- In parliamentary proceedings: (a) the course of a proposition (bill, resolution, etc.) through the several stages of consideration and action; as, during its passage through congress the bill was amended in both houses. (b) the advancement of a bill or other proposition from one stage to another by an affirmative vote; esp., the final affirmative action of the body upon a proposition; hence, adoption; enactment; as, the passage of the bill to its third reading was delayed.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PASSAGE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PASSAGE
"He was halfway down the passage when he tripped headlong over something lying on the floor"
- The word/phrase 'passage' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"Someone was creeping along the passage"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the passage in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"It wasn't him! roared the boy, his voice echoing in the dark passage"
- To understand the meaning of passage, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
PASSAGE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PASSAGE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Could the hunter force a passage;"
- This term passage was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"A lament for a friend drowned in his passage from chester on the irish seas, 1637"
- This term passage was used by John Milton in the Poem Lycidas.
"And in the dearest passage of a song"
- This term passage was used by Alice Meynell in the Poem Renouncement.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary