Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PASSAGE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PASSAGE
"He was halfway down the passage when he tripped headlong over something lying on the floor"
- The word/phrase 'passage' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"Someone was creeping along the passage"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the passage in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"It wasn't him! roared the boy, his voice echoing in the dark passage"
- To understand the meaning of passage, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
PASSAGE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "PASSAGE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Could the hunter force a passage;"
- This term passage was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"A lament for a friend drowned in his passage from chester on the irish seas, 1637"
- This term passage was used by John Milton in the Poem Lycidas.
"And in the dearest passage of a song"
- This term passage was used by Alice Meynell in the Poem Renouncement.