Meaning of PARISH in Hindi
Meaning of parish in Hindi
Meaning of PARISH in English
- That circuit of ground committed to the charge of one parson or vicar, or other minister having cure of souls therein.
- The same district, constituting a civil jurisdiction, with its own officers and regulations, as respects the poor, taxes, etc.
- An ecclesiastical society, usually not bounded by territorial limits, but composed of those persons who choose to unite under the charge of a particular priest, clergyman, or minister; also, loosely, the territory in which the members of a congregation live.
- In louisiana, a civil division corresponding to a county in other states.
- Of or pertaining to a parish; parochial; as, a parish church; parish records; a parish priest; maintained by the parish; as, parish poor.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PARISH, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PARISH
"It was the priests from her parish"
- The word/phrase 'parish' was used by 'Anton Chekhov' in 'The stories of anton chekhov'.
"A devil with merely local powers like a parish vestry would be too inconceivable a thing"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the parish in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
"The building stands in mr. farebrother's parish"
- To understand the meaning of parish, please see the following usage by George Eliot in Middlemarch.
PARISH has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें