Meaning of PARAGRAPH in Hindi
Meaning of paragraph in Hindi
Meaning of PARAGRAPH in English
- Originally, a marginal mark or note, set in the margin to call attention to something in the text, e. g., a change of subject; now, the character /, commonly used in the text as a reference mark to a footnote, or to indicate the place of a division into sections.
- A distinct part of a discourse or writing; any section or subdivision of a writing or chapter which relates to a particular point, whether consisting of one or many sentences. the division is sometimes noted by the mark /, but usually, by beginning the first sentence of the paragraph on a new line and at more than the usual distance from the margin.
- A brief composition complete in one typographical section or paragraph; an item, remark, or quotation comprised in a few lines forming one paragraph; as, a column of news paragraphs; an editorial paragraph.
- To divide into paragraphs; to mark with the character /.
- To express in the compass of a paragraph; as, to paragraph an article.
- To mention in a paragraph or paragraphs
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of PARAGRAPH, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word PARAGRAPH
"The quill paused at the top of a likely-looking paragraph"
- The word/phrase 'paragraph' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"It was the paragraph he intended for the fanal de rouen"
- 'Gustave Flaubert' has used the paragraph in the novel Madame bovary.
"See paragraph 1"
- To understand the meaning of paragraph, please see the following usage by Gustave Flaubert in Madame bovary.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary