Meaning of OYSTER in Hindi
Meaning of oyster in Hindi
Meaning of OYSTER in English
- Any marine bivalve mollusk of the genus ostrea. they are usually found adhering to rocks or other fixed objects in shallow water along the seacoasts, or in brackish water in the mouth of rivers. the common european oyster (ostrea edulis), and the american oyster (ostrea virginiana), are the most important species.
- A name popularly given to the delicate morsel contained in a small cavity of the bone on each side of the lower part of the back of a fowl.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of OYSTER, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word OYSTER
"The flower sat there, opening and closing its petals, like some bizarre, many-lipped oyster"
- The word/phrase 'oyster' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the deathly hallows'.
"If you do they will instantly shut up like an oyster"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the oyster in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
OYSTER has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "OYSTER": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Than a too-long-opened oyster"
- This term oyster was used by Robert Browning in the Poem The pied piper of hamelin.
"Her weakness is her strength; the whole world her oyster"
- This term oyster was used by chona david in the Poem A woman's journey.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary