Meaning of OWE in Hindi
Meaning of owe in Hindi
- अधिकार रखना(Pr. Adhikar rakhana adhikaar rakhanaa)
- धरना(Pr. Dharana dharanaa)
- चाहना(Pr. Chahana chahanaa)
- ऋणी होना(Pr. Rini hona rinee honaa)
- होना(Pr. Hona honaa)
- देना(Pr. Dena denaa)
- धारण करना(Pr. Dharan karana dhaaran karanaa)
- आभारी होना(Pr. Aabhari hona aabhaaree honaa)
- देनदार होना(Pr. Denadar hona denadaar honaa)
- ऋणबद्ध होना(Pr. Rinabaddh hona rinabaddh honaa)
- एहसानमंद होना(Pr. Ehasanamand hona ehasanamand honaa)
- बाकी(Pr. Baki baakee)
- देय(Pr. Dey)
Meaning of OWE in English
- To possess; to have, as the rightful owner; to own.
- To have or possess, as something derived or bestowed; to be obliged to ascribe (something to some source); to be indebted or obliged for; as, he owed his wealth to his father; he owed his victory to his lieutenants.
- Hence: to have or be under an obigation to restore, pay, or render (something) in return or compensation for something received; to be indebted in the sum of; as, the subject owes allegiance; the fortunate owe assistance to the unfortunate.
- To have an obligation to (some one) on account of something done or received; to be indebted to; as, to iwe the grocer for supplies, or a laborer for services.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of OWE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word OWE
"We owe them so much"
- The word/phrase 'owe' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"I owe him that"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the owe in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"To what do i owe this very late pleasure sir — i've got it"
- To understand the meaning of owe, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
OWE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "OWE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"How much to them i owe"
- This term owe was used by Robert Southey in the Poem His books.
"Yet pay less arrows than they owe"
- This term owe was used by Richard Crashaw in the Poem Wishes to his supposed mistress.
"And we'd all owe absurd promises"
- This term owe was used by Patrick Guyette in the Poem If i could play god.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary