Meaning of ORGAN in Hindi
Meaning of organ in Hindi
- साधन(Pr. Sadhan saadhan)
- उपकरण(Pr. Upakaran)
- इन्द्रीय(Pr. Endriy endreey)
- अवयव(Pr. Avayav awayaw)
- अंग(Pr. Ang)
- आर्गन बाजा(Pr. Aargan baja aargan baajaa aargan baza)
- संस्थान(Pr. Sansthan)
- पत्रिका(Pr. Patrika patrikaa)
- लिंग(Pr. Ling)
- बाजा(Pr. Baja baajaa baza)
- ऑर्गन(Pr. Organ)
- हार्मोनियम(Pr. Harmoniyam haarmoniyam)
- मुख पत्र(Pr. Mukh patr)
- इन्द्रिय(Pr. Endriy)
- इंद्रिय(Pr. Endriy)
- आर्गन(Pr. Aargan)
- अगं(Pr. Agan)
- वाद्यराज(Pr. Vadyaraj vaadyaraaj wadyaraz)
Meaning of ORGAN in English
- An instrument or medium by which some important action is performed, or an important end accomplished; as, legislatures, courts, armies, taxgatherers, etc., are organs of government.
- A natural part or structure in an animal or a plant, capable of performing some special action (termed its function), which is essential to the life or well-being of the whole; as, the heart, lungs, etc., are organs of animals; the root, stem, foliage, etc., are organs of plants.
- A component part performing an essential office in the working of any complex machine; as, the cylinder, valves, crank, etc., are organs of the steam engine.
- A medium of communication between one person or body and another; as, the secretary of state is the organ of communication between the government and a foreign power; a newspaper is the organ of its editor, or of a party, sect, etc.
- A wind instrument containing numerous pipes of various dimensions and kinds, which are filled with wind from a bellows, and played upon by means of keys similar to those of a piano, and sometimes by foot keys or pedals;
- To supply with an organ or organs; to fit with organs; to organize.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ORGAN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ORGAN
"Very astute, harry, but the mouth organ was only ever a mouth organ"
- The word/phrase 'organ' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the half blood prince'.
"But i thought i you might have the mouth organ or something"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the organ in the novel Harry potter and the half blood prince.
"It was pulsating slightly, giving it the rather sinister look of some diseased internal organ"
- To understand the meaning of organ, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the order of the phoenix book.
ORGAN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "ORGAN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"When to her organ vocal breath was given"
- This term organ was used by John Dryden in the Poem A song for st. cecilia's day, 1687.
"And let the base of heav'ns deep organ blow"
- This term organ was used by John Milton in the Poem Hymn on the morning of christ's nativity.
"There let the pealing organ blow"
- This term organ was used by John Milton in the Poem Il penseroso.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary