Meaning of OBTAIN in Hindi
Meaning of obtain in Hindi
- स्थापित होना(Pr. Sthapit hona sthaapit honaa)
- प्रचलित होना(Pr. Prachalit hona prachalit honaa)
- फैलना(Pr. Phailana phailanaa failana)
- प्राप्त करना(Pr. Prapt karana praapt karanaa)
- हासिल करना(Pr. Hasil karana haasil karanaa)
- लेना(Pr. Lena lenaa)
- पाना(Pr. Pana panaa)
- अस्तित्व में होना(Pr. Astitv men hona astitv men honaa astitw men hona)
- ले लेना(Pr. Le lena le lenaa)
- पाया जाना(Pr. Paya jana paayaa janaa paya zana)
- हथियाना(Pr. Hathiyana hathiyanaa)
- लागु होना(Pr. Lagu hona laagu honaa)
- अभिप्राप्त करना(Pr. Abhiprapt karana abhipraapt karanaa)
- हाशिल करना(Pr. Hashil karana haashil karanaa)
Meaning of OBTAIN in English
- To hold; to keep; to possess.
- To get hold of by effort; to gain possession of; to procure; to acquire, in any way.
- To become held; to gain or have a firm footing; to be recognized or established; to subsist; to become prevalent or general; to prevail; as, the custom obtains of going to the seashore in summer.
- To prevail; to succeed.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of OBTAIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word OBTAIN
"In order to obtain an heir, he performed severe penances"
- The word/phrase 'obtain' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'Chitra - a play in one act'.
"You say that all you expect a child to obtain from school is a sound education"
- 'Vladimir Nabokov' has used the obtain in the novel Lolita.
"I have no doubt, however, that we shall be able to obtain the characteristic reaction"
- To understand the meaning of obtain, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete sherlock holmes.
OBTAIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "OBTAIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Anything to obtain victory as death on horseback did ride"
- This term obtain was used by Tom Zart in the Poem Tom zarts "50" america at war poems.
"Betrayal and deceit obtain and conquer my soul"
- This term obtain was used by Ebony Jaroch in the Poem I am left cold dead and alone.
"Six days i have to reach my goal and obtain my desire"
- This term obtain was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Lady of the silver wheel - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary