Meaning of OBTAIN in Hindi
Meaning of obtain in Hindi
- फैलना(Pr. phailana phailanaa failana)
- स्थापित होना(Pr. sthapit hona sthaapit honaa)
- हासिल करना(Pr. hasil karana haasil karanaa)
- प्रचलित होना(Pr. prachalit hona prachalit honaa)
- पाना(Pr. pana panaa)
- ले लेना(Pr. le lena le lenaa)
- अभिप्राप्त करना(Pr. abhiprapt karana abhipraapt karanaa)
- प्राप्त करना(Pr. prapt karana praapt karanaa)
- पाया जाना(Pr. paya jana paayaa janaa paya zana)
- लागु होना(Pr. lagu hona laagu honaa)
- हाशिल करना(Pr. hashil karana haashil karanaa)
- अस्तित्व में होना(Pr. astitv men hona astitv men honaa astitw men hona)
- लेना(Pr. lena lenaa)
- हथियाना(Pr. hathiyana hathiyanaa)
Meaning of OBTAIN in English
- To become held; to gain or have a firm footing; to be recognized or established; to subsist; to become prevalent or general; to prevail; as, the custom obtains of going to the seashore in summer.
- To prevail; to succeed.
- To get hold of by effort; to gain possession of; to procure; to acquire, in any way.
- To hold; to keep; to possess.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of OBTAIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word OBTAIN
"In order to obtain an heir, he performed severe penances."
- The word/phrase 'obtain' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'Chitra - A Play In One Act'.
"You say that all you expect a child to obtain from school is a sound education."
- 'Vladimir Nabokov' has used the obtain in the novel Lolita.
"I have no doubt, however, that we shall be able to obtain the characteristic reaction."
- To understand the meaning of obtain, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete Sherlock Holmes.
OBTAIN usage in Proverbs/Idioms
OBTAIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "OBTAIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Anything to obtain victory As death on horseback did ride."
- This term obtain was used by Tom Zart in the Poem Tom Zarts "50" America At War Poems.
"Betrayal and deceit obtain and conquer my soul."
- This term obtain was used by Ebony Jaroch in the Poem I Am Left Cold Dead and Alone.
"Six days I have to reach my goal and obtain my desire,"
- This term obtain was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Lady Of The Silver Wheel - Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें