Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of OBEY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word OBEY
"He wasn't going to obey voldemort"
- The word/phrase 'obey' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"If he has passed into your ownership, he will have to obey"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the obey in the novel Harry potter and the half blood prince.
"Not at all reluctant to obey, harry jumped to his feet"
- To understand the meaning of obey, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
OBEY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
OBEY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "OBEY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And music's power obey"
- This term obey was used by John Dryden in the Poem A song for st. cecilia's day, 1687.
"Obey thy heart;"
- This term obey was used by Ralph Waldo Emerson in the Poem Give all to love.
"Come, we'll abroad: and let 's obey"
- This term obey was used by Robert Herrick in the Poem Corinna's going a-maying.