Meaning of OBEY in Hindi
Meaning of obey in Hindi
- आज्ञा मानना(Pr. Aagya manana aagyaa mananaa)
- हुक्म मानना(Pr. Hukm manana hukm mananaa)
- आज्ञापालन करना(Pr. Aagyapalan karana aagyaapaalan karanaa)
- सुनना(Pr. Sunana sunanaa)
- करना(Pr. Karana karanaa)
- अधीन होना(Pr. Adhin hona adheen honaa)
- वश में होना(Pr. Vash men hona vash men honaa wash men hona)
- पालन करना(Pr. Palan karana paalan karanaa)
- आज्ञा पालन करना(Pr. Aagya palan karana aagyaa paalan karanaa)
- कहना मानना(Pr. Kahana manana kahanaa mananaa)
- अनुवर्तन करना(Pr. Anuvartan karana anuvartan karanaa anuwartan karana)
- आज्ञा का पालन करना(Pr. Aagya ka palan karana aagyaa kaa paalan karanaa)
Meaning of OBEY in English
- To give ear to; to execute the commands of; to yield submission to; to comply with the orders of.
- To submit to the authority of; to be ruled by.
- To yield to the impulse, power, or operation of; as, a ship obeys her helm.
- To give obedience.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of OBEY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word OBEY
"He wasn't going to obey voldemort"
- The word/phrase 'obey' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"If he has passed into your ownership, he will have to obey"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the obey in the novel Harry potter and the half blood prince.
"Not at all reluctant to obey, harry jumped to his feet"
- To understand the meaning of obey, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
OBEY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
OBEY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "OBEY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And music's power obey"
- This term obey was used by John Dryden in the Poem A song for st. cecilia's day, 1687.
"Obey thy heart;"
- This term obey was used by Ralph Waldo Emerson in the Poem Give all to love.
"Come, we'll abroad: and let 's obey"
- This term obey was used by Robert Herrick in the Poem Corinna's going a-maying.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary