Meaning of NIGHTMARE in Hindi
Meaning of nightmare in Hindi
- कुस्वप्न(Pr. Kusvapn kuswapn)
- डरावना(Pr. Daravana daraavanaa darawana)
- ख्वाब(Pr. Khvab khvaab khwab)
- दबाव(Pr. Dabav dabaav dabaw)
- दुःस्वप्न(Pr. Duhsvapn duhswapn)
- भयावह अनुभव(Pr. Bhayavah anubhav bhayaavah anubhav bhayawah anubhaw)
- दु:स्वप्न(Pr. Du:svapn du:swapn)
- स्वप्नपिशाच(Pr. Svapnapishach svapnapishaach swapnapishach)
Meaning of NIGHTMARE in English
- A fiend or incubus formerly supposed to cause trouble in sleep.
- A condition in sleep usually caused by improper eating or by digestive or nervous troubles, and characterized by a sense of extreme uneasiness or discomfort (as of weight on the chest or stomach, impossibility of motion or speech, etc.), or by frightful or oppressive dreams, from which one wakes after extreme anxiety, in a troubled state of mind; incubus.
- Hence, any overwhelming, oppressive, or stupefying influence.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of NIGHTMARE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word NIGHTMARE
"It was a nightmare - dad was working overtime for weeks"
- The word/phrase 'nightmare' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"Just a nightmare"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the nightmare in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"Absolute nightmare, said bagman to harry in an undertone, noticing harry watching the goblins too"
- To understand the meaning of nightmare, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
NIGHTMARE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "NIGHTMARE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"The nightmare life-in-death was she"
- This term nightmare was used by Samuel Taylor Coleridge in the Poem The rime of the ancient mariner.
"A living nightmare when your not there"
- This term nightmare was used by sophia reeson in the Poem Awkward - poem.
"A nightmare that will remain forever! borloff"
- This term nightmare was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Ayip - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary