Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of NATION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word NATION
"We divide nation and nation, knowledge and knowledge, man and nature"
- The word/phrase 'nation' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'Sadhana'.
"It shall be my supreme legacy to the nation"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the nation in the novel The home and the world.
"Tel est l'esprit actuel de ma nation"
- To understand the meaning of nation, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in War and peace.
NATION has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "NATION": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Into a nation all his great heart thought"
- This term nation was used by John McCrae in the Poem Equality.
"Taught us how rightfully a nation shone"
- This term nation was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem England, 1802.
"To whom the scaly nation yields"
- This term nation was used by Thomas Campion in the Poem A hymn in praise of neptune.