Meaning of NAME in Hindi
Meaning of name in Hindi
- कीर्ति(Pr. Kirti keerti)
- कीर्ति(Pr. )
- नामवरी(Pr. Namavari naamavaree namawari)
- प्रसिद्धी(Pr. Prasiddhi prasiddhee)
- गौरव(Pr. Gaurav gauraw)
- प्रतिष्ठा(Pr. Pratishtha pratishthaa)
- नाम(Pr. Nam naam)
- यादगार(Pr. Yadagar yaadagaar)
- संज्ञा(Pr. Sangya sangyaa)
- परिवार(Pr. Parivar parivaar pariwar)
- उपाधि(Pr. Upadhi upaadhi)
- गाली(Pr. Gali gaalee)
- प्रसिद्ध व्यक्ति(Pr. Prasiddh vyakti prasiddh wyakti)
- ख्याति(Pr. Khyati khyaati)
- ख़ानदान(Pr. Khanadan)
- निर्दिष्ट करना(Pr. Nirdisht karana nirdisht karanaa)
- नामवर व्यक्ति(Pr. Namavar vyakti naamavar vyakti namawar wyakti)
- नाम लेकर पुकारना(Pr. Nam lekar pukarana naam lekar pukaaranaa)
- मशहुर व्यक्ति(Pr. Mashahur vyakti mashahur wyakti)
- नाम रखना(Pr. Nam rakhana naam rakhanaa)
- नाम लेना(Pr. Nam lena naam lenaa)
- बताना(Pr. Batana batanaa)
- नाम देना(Pr. Nam dena naam denaa)
Meaning of NAME in English
- The title by which any person or thing is known or designated; a distinctive specific appellation, whether of an individual or a class.
- A descriptive or qualifying appellation given to a person or thing, on account of a character or acts.
- Reputed character; reputation, good or bad; estimation; fame; especially, illustrious character or fame; honorable estimation; distinction.
- Those of a certain name; a race; a family.
- A person, an individual.
- To give a distinctive name or appellation to; to entitle; to denominate; to style; to call.
- To mention by name; to utter or publish the name of; to refer to by distinctive title; to mention.
- To designate by name or specifically for any purpose; to nominate; to specify; to appoint; as, to name a day for the wedding.
- To designate (a member) by name, as the speaker does by way of reprimand.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of NAME, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word NAME
"Potter wasn't such an unusual name"
- The word/phrase 'name' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Mr. dursley wondered whether he dared tell her he'd heard the name potter"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the name in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"What's his name again howard, isn't it harry"
- To understand the meaning of name, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
NAME usage in Proverbs/Idioms
NAME has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें