Meaning of MYTH in Hindi
Meaning of myth in Hindi
- कल्पित कथा(Pr. kalpit katha kalpit kathaa)
- पुराणकथा(Pr. puranakatha puranakathaa)
- काल्पनिक(Pr. kalpanik kaalpanik)
- कहानी(Pr. kahani kahanee)
- पौराणिक कथा(Pr. pauranik katha pauranik kathaa)
- कथा(Pr. katha kathaa)
- कल्पना(Pr. kalpana kalpanaa)
- गप्प(Pr. gapp)
- झूठी बात(Pr. jhuthi bat jhoothee baat zhuthi bat)
- मिथक(Pr. mithak)
- किस्सा(Pr. kissa kissaa)
- पौराणिक(Pr. pauranik)
Meaning of MYTH in English
- A person or thing existing only in imagination, or whose actual existence is not verifiable.
- A story of great but unknown age which originally embodied a belief regarding some fact or phenomenon of experience, and in which often the forces of nature and of the soul are personified; an ancient legend of a god, a hero, the origin of a race, etc.; a wonder story of prehistoric origin; a popular fable which is, or has been, received as historical.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MYTH, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MYTH
"Or had this happened during those last two weeks? Tendresse? Surely that was an exploded myth."
- The word/phrase 'myth' was used by 'Vladimir Nabokov' in 'Lolita'.
"Simon is a myth."
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the myth in the novel The complete Sherlock Holmes.
MYTH has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MYTH": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And live a myth at Glastonbury."
- This term myth was used by Swan Morrison in the Poem I'd Rather Be In Glastonbury - Poem.
"For innocence is just an urban myth,"
- This term myth was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem The One - Poem.
"For love depends upon a tended gardenOlder than the myth of Adam's fall,"
- This term myth was used by Vom Himmel hoch, da komm ich her. (BWV 700)By J.S. Bach. Sequenced by Margareth Greentree at Kunst der Fuge. in the Poem Here We Have a Little Bit of Eden.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें