Meaning of MORTAL in Hindi
Meaning of mortal in Hindi
- घातक(Pr. ghatak ghaatak)
- प्राणान्तक(Pr. pranantak)
- आदमी(Pr. aadami aadamee)
- नश्वर(Pr. nashvar nashwar)
- प्राण लेने वाला(Pr. pran lene vala pran lene vaalaa pran lene wala)
- मरणाधीन(Pr. maranadhin maranaadheen)
- मारक(Pr. marak maarak)
- मत्र्य(Pr. matry)
- भीषण(Pr. bhishan bheeshan)
- घोर(Pr. ghor)
- प्रचंड(Pr. prachand)
- प्राणघातक(Pr. pranaghatak pranaghaatak)
- मरने वाला(Pr. marane vala marane vaalaa marane wala)
- मर्त्य(Pr. marty)
- मनुष्य(Pr. manushy)
- जानलेवा(Pr. janaleva janalevaa zanalewa)
Meaning of MORTAL in English
- Destructive to life; causing or occasioning death; terminating life; exposing to or deserving death; deadly; as, a mortal wound; a mortal sin.
- Affecting as if with power to kill; deathly.
- Fatally vulnerable; vital.
- Subject to death; destined to die; as, man is mortal.
- Of or pertaining to the time of death.
- Very painful or tedious; wearisome; as, a sermon lasting two mortal hours.
- Human; belonging to man, who is mortal; as, mortal wit or knowledge; mortal power.
- A being subject to death; a human being; man.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MORTAL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MORTAL
"If Harry Potter goes back to Hogwarts, he will be in mortal danger."
- The word/phrase 'mortal' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"But I was willing to embrace mortal life again, before chasing immortality."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the mortal in the novel Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
"Every single one of its nine hands was now pointing at mortal peril."
- To understand the meaning of mortal, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince.
MORTAL usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MORTAL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MORTAL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And no mortal yet knows too if this may be true."
- This term mortal was used by Matthew Prior in the Poem For my own Monument.
"And mortal alarms."
- This term mortal was used by John Dryden in the Poem A Song for St. Cecilia's Day, 1687.
"To make us mortal and thee waste!"
- This term mortal was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem A Garden: Written after the Civil Wars.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें