Meaning of MONOPOLY in Hindi
Meaning of monopoly in Hindi
- एकाधिकार(Pr. Ekadhikar ekaadhikaar)
- किसी वस्तु के बेचने का समस्त अधिकार(Pr. Kisi vastu ke bechane ka samast adhikar kisee vastu ke bechane kaa samast adhikaar kisi wastu ke bechane ka samast adhikar)
- विक्रय का अधिकार(Pr. Vikray ka adhikar vikray kaa adhikaar wikray ka adhikar)
- एकाधिपत्य(Pr. Ekadhipaty ekaadhipaty)
- एकाधिकार, एकाधिपत्य(Pr. Ekadhikar ekadhipaty ekaadhikaar ekaadhipaty)
Meaning of MONOPOLY in English
- The exclusive power, or privilege of selling a commodity; the exclusive power, right, or privilege of dealing in some article, or of trading in some market; sole command of the traffic in anything, however obtained; as, the proprietor of a patented article is given a monopoly of its sale for a limited time; chartered trading companies have sometimes had a monopoly of trade with remote regions; a combination of traders may get a monopoly of a particular product.
- Exclusive possession; as, a monopoly of land.
- The commodity or other material thing to which the monopoly relates; as, tobacco is a monopoly in france.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MONOPOLY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MONOPOLY
"They know that the monopoly of mud-throwing is theirs, and the innocent passer-by cannot escape unsoiled"
- The word/phrase 'monopoly' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The home and the world'.
MONOPOLY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें