Meaning of MIRAGE in Hindi
Meaning of mirage in Hindi
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of MIRAGE in English
- An optical effect, sometimes seen on the ocean, but more frequently in deserts, due to total reflection of light at the surface common to two strata of air differently heated. The reflected image is seen, commonly in an inverted position, while the real object may or may not be in sight. When the surface is horizontal, and below the eye, the appearance is that of a sheet of water in which the object is seen reflected; when the reflecting surface is above the eye, the image is seen projected against the sky. The fata Morgana and looming are species of mirage.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MIRAGE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MIRAGE
"It is false as a mirage, empty as a bubble."
- The word/phrase 'mirage' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The King Of The Dark Chamber'.
"The reader has also marked the curious Mirage of the Lake."
- 'Vladimir Nabokov' has used the mirage in the novel Lolita.
"This second monk was a mirage."
- To understand the meaning of mirage, please see the following usage by Anton Chekhov in The Stories of Anton Chekhov.
MIRAGE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MIRAGE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I thought love was just a mirage of the mind,"
- This term mirage was used by Chris Farmer in the Poem Love Poem.
"A mirage of a breathing sun."
- This term mirage was used by Connie Tucker in the Poem BLOODLINES - Poem.
"I became a mirage."
- This term mirage was used by R. Lee C. in the Poem Sorry.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें