Meaning of MILK in Hindi
Meaning of milk in Hindi
Meaning of MILK in English
- A white fluid secreted by the mammary glands of female mammals for the nourishment of their young, consisting of minute globules of fat suspended in a solution of casein, albumin, milk sugar, and inorganic salts.
- A kind of juice or sap, usually white in color, found in certain plants; latex. see latex.
- An emulsion made by bruising seeds; as, the milk of almonds, produced by pounding almonds with sugar and water.
- The ripe, undischarged spat of an oyster.
- To draw or press milk from the breasts or udder of, by the hand or mouth; to withdraw the milk of.
- To draw from the breasts or udder; to extract, as milk; as, to milk wholesome milk from healthy cows.
- To draw anything from, as if by milking; to compel to yield profit or advantage; to plunder.
- To draw or to yield milk.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MILK, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MILK
"Trust malfoy to milk it for all it's worth"
- The word/phrase 'milk' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"That's hagrid breaking the milk jug, hermione whispered"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the milk in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"You will milk her before we retire, wormtail, said the second voice"
- To understand the meaning of milk, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
MILK usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MILK has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MILK": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Grazes the milk-white steer;"
- This term milk was used by Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lord Macaulay in the Poem Horatius.
"And drunk the milk of paradise"
- This term milk was used by Samuel Taylor Coleridge in the Poem Kubla khan.
"Full of milk, and tilted for each in turn the beak"
- This term milk was used by George Meredith in the Poem Love in the valley.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary