Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MIGHT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MIGHT
"If he hadn't, he might have found it harder to concentrate on drills that morning"
- The word/phrase 'might' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"It might have been harvey"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the might in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Might as well get yer uniform, said hagrid, nodding toward madam malkin's robes for all occasions"
- To understand the meaning of might, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
MIGHT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MIGHT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MIGHT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Hands, that the rod of empire might have sway’d"
- This term might was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a country churchyard.
"That might control"
- This term might was used by William Blake in the Poem Hear the voice.
"Surely there was a time i might have trod"
- This term might was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem Helas!.