Meaning of METAL in Hindi
Meaning of metal in Hindi
- अश्मखण्ड(Pr. ashmakhand)
- पिघला कांच(Pr. pighala kanch pighalaa kaanch)
- साहस(Pr. sahas)
- धातु से मढ़ना(Pr. dhatu se madhana dhaatu se madhanaa)
- रथ्याश्म(Pr. rathyashm rathyaashm)
- धातु(Pr. dhatu dhaatu)
- मिट्टी(Pr. mitti mittee)
- धातु से मढना(Pr. dhatu se madhana dhaatu se madhanaa)
- धात्विक(Pr. dhatvik dhaatvik dhatwik)
- रेल की पटरी(Pr. rel ki patari rel kee pataree)
- रोड़ी(Pr. rodi rodee)
Meaning of METAL in English
- Ore from which a metal is derived;
- Courage; spirit; mettle. See Mettle.
- The effective power or caliber of guns carried by a vessel of war.
- The rails of a railroad.
- To cover with metal; as, to metal a ship's bottom; to metal a road.
- An elementary substance, as sodium, calcium, or copper, whose oxide or hydroxide has basic rather than acid properties, as contrasted with the nonmetals, or metalloids. No sharp line can be drawn between the metals and nonmetals, and certain elements partake of both acid and basic qualities, as chromium, manganese, bismuth, etc.
- A mine from which ores are taken.
- The substance of which anything is made; material; hence, constitutional disposition; character; temper.
- The broken stone used in macadamizing roads and ballasting railroads.
- Glass in a state of fusion.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of METAL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word METAL
"The stone will transform any metal into pure gold."
- The word/phrase 'metal' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"The metal remained solid."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the metal in the novel Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
"It seemed to be coming from a large metal tub in the sink."
- To understand the meaning of metal, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
METAL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "METAL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"The metal in this furnace wrought"
- This term metal was used by Robert Southwell in the Poem The Burning Babe.
"And leave a metal grace,"
- This term metal was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem The Queen's song.
"Life's leaden metal into Gold transmute;"
- This term metal was used by Edward Fitzgerald in the Poem The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें