Meaning of MERE in Hindi
Meaning of mere in Hindi
Meaning of MERE in English
- A pool or lake.
- A boundary.
- To divide, limit, or bound.
- A mare.
- Unmixed; pure; entire; absolute; unqualified.
- Only this, and nothing else; such, and no more; simple; bare; as, a mere boy; a mere form.
- A combining form meaning part, portion; as, blastomere, epimere.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MERE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MERE
"Mere shadow and vapor"
- The word/phrase 'mere' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Those peoples deaths were mere by-products of a plan to restore voldemort to full strength again"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the mere in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"However, voldemort was no mere assistant"
- To understand the meaning of mere, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
MERE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MERE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MERE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Mere glimmering and decays"
- This term mere was used by Henry Vaughan in the Poem Friends departed.
"Poetic tribute not mere prose"
- This term mere was used by Written and owned by Cambria Fallon Santiago in the Poem Love poem.
"Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly"
- This term mere was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Blow, blow, thou winter wind.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary