Meaning of MEAN in Hindi
Meaning of mean in Hindi
- नीच(Pr. Nich neech)
- अधम(Pr. Adham)
- कमीना(Pr. Kamina kameenaa)
- निर्धन(Pr. Nirdhan)
- गरीब(Pr. Garib gareeb)
- कंजूस(Pr. Kanjus kanjoos kanzus)
- औसत दर्जे का(Pr. Ausat darje ka ausat darje kaa ausat darze ka)
- मध्यम(Pr. Madhyam)
- घटिया(Pr. Ghatiya ghatiyaa)
- गन्दी(Pr. Gandi gandee)
- दक्ष(Pr. Daksh)
- लज्जित(Pr. Lajjit lazzit)
- अनुदार(Pr. Anudar anudaar)
- औसत(Pr. Ausat)
- मध्यवर्ती बिंदु या राशि(Pr. Madhyavarti bindu ya rashi madhyavartee bindu yaa raashi madhyawarti bindu ya rashi)
- मध्य(Pr. Madhy)
- माध्यम(Pr. Madhyam maadhyam)
- साधन(Pr. Sadhan saadhan)
- सम(Pr. Sam)
- निम्न(Pr. Nimn)
- तुच्छ(Pr. Tuchchh)
- निकृष्ट(Pr. Nikrisht)
- मध्यमान(Pr. Madhyaman)
- मध्यक(Pr. Madhyak)
- आशय होना(Pr. Aashay hona aashay honaa)
- तात्पर्य होना(Pr. Tatpary hona taatpary honaa)
- होना(Pr. Hona honaa)
- रखना(Pr. Rakhana rakhanaa)
- चाहना(Pr. Chahana chahanaa)
- अर्थ होना(Pr. Arth hona arth honaa)
- इच्छा करना(Pr. Echchha karana echchhaa karanaa)
- मतलब होना(Pr. Matalab hona matalab honaa)
- उद्देश्य होना(Pr. Uddeshy hona uddeshy honaa)
- मायने रखना(Pr. Mayane rakhana maayane rakhanaa)
- अभिप्राय होना(Pr. Abhipray hona abhipraay honaa)
- अर्थ(Pr. Arth)
- महत्व(Pr. Mahatv mahatw)
- इरादा(Pr. Erada eraadaa)
Meaning of MEAN in English
- To have in the mind, as a purpose, intention, etc.; to intend; to purpose; to design; as, what do you mean to do
- To signify; to indicate; to import; to denote.
- To have a purpose or intention.
- Destitute of distinction or eminence; common; low; vulgar; humble.
- Wanting dignity of mind; low-minded; base; destitute of honor; spiritless; as, a mean motive.
- Of little value or account; worthy of little or no regard; contemptible; despicable.
- Of poor quality; as, mean fare.
- Penurious; stingy; close-fisted; illiberal; as, mean hospitality.
- Occupying a middle position; middle; being about midway between extremes.
- Intermediate in excellence of any kind.
- Average; having an intermediate value between two extremes, or between the several successive values of a variable quantity during one cycle of variation; as, mean distance; mean motion; mean solar day.
- That which is mean, or intermediate, between two extremes of place, time, or number; the middle point or place; middle rate or degree; mediocrity; medium; absence of extremes or excess; moderation; measure.
- A quantity having an intermediate value between several others, from which it is derived, and of which it expresses the resultant value; usually, unless otherwise specified, it is the simple average, formed by adding the quantities together and dividing by their number, which is called an arithmetical mean. a geometrical mean is the square root of the product of the quantities.
- That through which, or by the help of which, an end is attained; something tending to an object desired; intermediate agency or measure; necessary condition or coagent; instrument.
- Hence: resources; property, revenue, or the like, considered as the condition of easy livelihood, or an instrumentality at command for effecting any purpose; disposable force or substance.
- A part, whether alto or tenor, intermediate between the soprano and base; a middle part.
- Meantime; meanwhile.
- A mediator; a go-between.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MEAN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MEAN
"I don't know what happened when vol-, sorry -- i mean, the night my parents died"
- The word/phrase 'mean' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"See what i mean i've got loads to learn"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the mean in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"That's the house vol-, i mean, you-know-who was in yeah, said ron"
- To understand the meaning of mean, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
MEAN usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MEAN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MEAN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I'd like to mean as much to you"
- This term mean was used by Edgar A Guest in the Poem Friendship poem.
"It was never for the mean;"
- This term mean was used by Ralph Waldo Emerson in the Poem Give all to love.
"The brush of your lips lets me know what you mean"
- This term mean was used by Louise Scrymgeour in the Poem Love poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें