Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MEAN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MEAN
"I don't know what happened when vol-, sorry -- i mean, the night my parents died"
- The word/phrase 'mean' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"See what i mean i've got loads to learn"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the mean in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"That's the house vol-, i mean, you-know-who was in yeah, said ron"
- To understand the meaning of mean, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
MEAN usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MEAN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MEAN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I'd like to mean as much to you"
- This term mean was used by Edgar A Guest in the Poem Friendship poem.
"It was never for the mean;"
- This term mean was used by Ralph Waldo Emerson in the Poem Give all to love.
"The brush of your lips lets me know what you mean"
- This term mean was used by Louise Scrymgeour in the Poem Love poem.