Meaning of MATERIAL in Hindi
Meaning of material in Hindi
- भौतिक(Pr. Bhautik)
- अनात्मीय(Pr. Anatmiy anaatmeey)
- शारीरिक(Pr. Sharirik shaareerik)
- देह सम्बन्धी(Pr. Deh sambandhi deh sambandhee)
- मूर्त(Pr. Murt moort)
- महत्वपूर्ण(Pr. Mahatvapurn mahatvapoorn mahatwapurn)
- भारी(Pr. Bhari bhaaree)
- आवश्यक(Pr. Aavashyak aawashyak)
- ठोस(Pr. Thos)
- सांसारिक(Pr. Sansarik saansaarik)
- स्थूल(Pr. Sthul sthool)
- दैहिक(Pr. Daihik)
- ऐन्द्रिक(Pr. Aindrik)
- असबाब(Pr. Asabab asabaab)
- पदार्थ(Pr. Padarth padaarth)
- सामग्री(Pr. Samagri saamagree)
- वस्तु(Pr. Vastu wastu)
- आर्थिक(Pr. Aarthik)
- माल(Pr. Mal maal)
- सामान(Pr. Saman saaman)
- समान(Pr. Saman)
- उपकरण(Pr. Upakaran)
- कपड़ा(Pr. Kapada kapadaa)
- तथ्य(Pr. Tathy)
- द्रव्य(Pr. Dravy drawy)
- भौतिकी(Pr. Bhautiki bhautikee)
- तात्विक(Pr. Tatvik taatvik tatwik)
- सारवान(Pr. Saravan saaravan sarawan)
- सारभूत(Pr. Sarabhut saarabhoot)
- आर्थिक होना(Pr. Aarthik hona aarthik honaa)
- द्रव्यात्मक(Pr. Dravyatmak dravyaatmak drawyatmak)
- पदार्थ प्रौद्योगिकी(Pr. Padarth praudyogiki padaarth praudyogikee)
Meaning of MATERIAL in English
- Consisting of matter; not spiritual; corporeal; physical; as, material substance or bodies.
- Hence: pertaining to, or affecting, the physical nature of man, as distinguished from the mental or moral nature; relating to the bodily wants, interests, and comforts.
- Of solid or weighty character; not insubstantial; of cinsequence; not be dispensed with; important.
- Pertaining to the matter, as opposed to the form, of a thing. see matter.
- The substance or matter of which anything is made or may be made.
- To form from matter; to materialize.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MATERIAL, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MATERIAL
"It was strange to the touch, like water woven into material"
- The word/phrase 'material' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"He let the material flow over his hands, smoother than silk, light as air"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the material in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Here and there among the material were stale bread crusts and mouldy old bits of cheese"
- To understand the meaning of material, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the order of the phoenix book.
MATERIAL usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MATERIAL has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MATERIAL": Examples from famous English Poetry
"To mute and to material things"
- This term material was used by Sir Walter Scott in the Poem Patriotism.
"It's not all about a brand- or all of the material items that you have"
- This term material was used by leanna gazay in the Poem What do you have.
"Soft feeling material my garter belt"
- This term material was used by LOLndSMILE in the Poem Crazy - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary