Meaning of MATE in Hindi
Meaning of mate in Hindi
- साथी(Pr. Sathi saathee)
- मेट(Pr. Met)
- सहायक(Pr. Sahayak sahaayak)
- यार(Pr. Yar yaar)
- मुखिया(Pr. Mukhiya mukhiyaa)
- पत(Pr. पत्नी - Pati-patni pati-patnee)
- जोड़े में से एक(Pr. Jode men se ek zode men se ek)
- बराबर वाला(Pr. Barabar vala baraabar vaalaa barabar wala)
- संगी(Pr. Sangi sangee)
- सहचारी(Pr. Sahachari sahachaaree)
- जीवन संगिनी(Pr. Jivan sangini jeevan sanginee ziwan sangini)
- सहचारिणी(Pr. Sahacharini sahachaarinee)
- अवेक्षक(Pr. Avekshak awekshak)
- जीवन संगी(Pr. Jivan sangi jeevan sangee ziwan sangi)
- जोड़ा(Pr. Joda jodaa zoda)
- साथीना(Pr. Sathina saatheenaa)
- संगीना(Pr. Sangina sangeenaa)
- बराबर वालाना(Pr. Barabar valana baraabar vaalanaa barabar walana)
- जोडे में से एकना(Pr. Jode men se ekana jode men se ekanaa zode men se ekana)
- मिलाना(Pr. Milana milanaa)
- संभोग करना(Pr. Sanbhog karana sanbhog karanaa)
- सखा(Pr. Sakha sakhaa)
Meaning of MATE in English
- The paraguay tea, being the dried leaf of the brazilian holly (ilex paraguensis). the infusion has a pleasant odor, with an agreeable bitter taste, and is much used for tea in south america.
- Same as checkmate.
- See 2d mat.
- To confuse; to confound.
- To checkmate.
- One who customarily associates with another; a companion; an associate; any object which is associated or combined with a similar object.
- Hence, specifically, a husband or wife; and among the lower animals, one of a pair associated for propagation and the care of their young.
- A suitable companion; a match; an equal.
- An officer in a merchant vessel ranking next below the captain. if there are more than one bearing the title, they are called, respectively, first mate, second mate, third mate, etc. in the navy, a subordinate officer or assistant; as, master's mate; surgeon's mate.
- To match; to marry.
- To match one's self against; to oppose as equal; to compete with.
- To be or become a mate or mates, especially in sexual companionship; as, some birds mate for life; this bird will not mate with that one.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MATE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MATE
"Well, you'd better hurry up, mate, or all the good ones will be gone, said fred"
- The word/phrase 'mate' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"Best you can do, mate"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the mate in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"He put a bet on you, mate, said fred"
- To understand the meaning of mate, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
MATE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MATE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MATE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Will you consent to be my mate on our celestial ship"
- This term mate was used by Graeme King in the Poem Love poem.
"Died without a mate;"
- This term mate was used by Christina Georgina Rossetti in the Poem Bride song.
"Were better mate than i!"
- This term mate was used by Sir Walter Scott in the Poem Brignall banks.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें