Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MATE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MATE
"Well, you'd better hurry up, mate, or all the good ones will be gone, said fred"
- The word/phrase 'mate' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"Best you can do, mate"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the mate in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"He put a bet on you, mate, said fred"
- To understand the meaning of mate, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
MATE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MATE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MATE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Will you consent to be my mate on our celestial ship"
- This term mate was used by Graeme King in the Poem Love poem.
"Died without a mate;"
- This term mate was used by Christina Georgina Rossetti in the Poem Bride song.
"Were better mate than i!"
- This term mate was used by Sir Walter Scott in the Poem Brignall banks.