Meaning of MAST in Hindi
Meaning of MAST in English
- A pole, or long, strong, round piece of timber, or spar, set upright in a boat or vessel, to sustain the sails, yards, rigging, etc. A mast may also consist of several pieces of timber united by iron bands, or of a hollow pillar of iron or steel.
- The vertical post of a derrick or crane.
- The fruit of the oak and beech, or other forest trees; nuts; acorns.
- To furnish with a mast or masts; to put the masts of in position; as, to mast a ship.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MAST, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MAST
"It's a mast! he said to Ron and Hermione."
- The word/phrase 'mast' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire'.
"The mast is aching because of its full sails filled with the violent wind."
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the mast in the novel Fruit Gathering.
"Your house shall be not an anchor but a mast."
- To understand the meaning of mast, please see the following usage by Khalil Gibran in The Prophet.
Usage of "MAST": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Flew down to his mast-tree."
- This term mast was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem Lord Arnaldos.
"And nail'd her colours to the mast!"
- This term mast was used by Sir Walter Scott in the Poem Patriotism.
"Danced in rings with girls, like a sail-flapp'd mast."
- This term mast was used by George Meredith in the Poem Phoebus with Admetus.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें