Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MANY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MANY
"There weren't many people left now"
- The word/phrase 'many' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the many in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Many students had binoculars"
- To understand the meaning of many, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
MANY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MANY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MANY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"There are gifts of many treasures"
- This term many was used by Dave Stout in the Poem Friendship poem.
"And many an afghan chief, who lies"
- This term many was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem Ave imperatrix.
"Shrivelling many hands and puckering foreheads crisp"
- This term many was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem Exposure.