Meaning of MAIN in Hindi
Meaning of main in Hindi
Meaning of MAIN in English
- A hand or match at dice.
- A stake played for at dice.
- The largest throw in a match at dice; a throw at dice within given limits, as in the game of hazard.
- A match at cockfighting.
- A main-hamper.
- Strength; force; might; violent effort.
- The chief or principal part; the main or most important thing.
- The great sea, as distinguished from an arm, bay, etc. ; the high sea; the ocean.
- The continent, as distinguished from an island; the mainland.
- Principal duct or pipe, as distinguished from lesser ones; esp. (engin.), a principal pipe leading to or from a reservoir; as, a fire main.
- Very or extremely strong.
- Vast; huge.
- Unqualified; absolute; entire; sheer.
- Principal; chief; first in size, rank, importance, etc.
- Important; necessary.
- Very; extremely; as, main heavy.
- Alfred, u.s. pediatrician, 1868–1949.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of MAIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word MAIN
"That's the main road, said george, peering down through the windshield"
- The word/phrase 'main' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"This is, in the main, fairly straightforward, dumbledore went on"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the main in the novel Harry potter and the half blood prince.
"Two doors led off the main room, which served as kitchen and living room com-bined"
- To understand the meaning of main, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
MAIN usage in Proverbs/Idioms
MAIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "MAIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"A loftier argo cleaves the main"
- This term main was used by Percy Bysshe Shelley in the Poem Hellas.
"Pine-forest-like, on every main"
- This term main was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem Ave imperatrix.
"But putting to the main"
- This term main was used by Michael Drayton in the Poem Agincourt.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary