Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of LYING, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word LYING
"Then he noticed a grubby little package wrapped up in brown paper lying on the floor"
- The word/phrase 'lying' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"He hadn't been lying, he could fly well"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the lying in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"The egg was lying on the table"
- To understand the meaning of lying, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
LYING has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "LYING": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Lying there among the lilies"
- This term lying was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"Lying, it fancies"
- This term lying was used by Edgar Allan Poe in the Poem For annie.
"In tempe, lying on the flowry gras"
- This term lying was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.