Meaning of LUST in Hindi
Meaning of lust in Hindi
- लालसा(Pr. Lalasa laalasaa)
- लोभ(Pr. Lobh)
- लालच(Pr. Lalach laalach)
- लिप्सा(Pr. Lipsa lipsaa)
- काम प्रवृत्ति(Pr. Kam pravritti kaam pravritti kam prawritti)
- कामुकता(Pr. Kamukata kaamukataa)
- विषय(Pr. Vishay wishay)
- विषयासक्ति(Pr. Vishayasakti vishayaasakti wishayasakti)
- काम तृष्णा(Pr. Kam trishna kaam trishnaa)
- काम वासना(Pr. Kam vasana kaam vaasanaa kam wasana)
- लोभ करना(Pr. Lobh karana lobh karanaa)
- काम भोग की इच्छा करना(Pr. Kam bhog ki echchha karana kaam bhog kee echchhaa karanaa)
Meaning of LUST in English
- Inclination; desire.
- Longing desire; eagerness to possess or enjoy;
- Licentious craving; sexual appetite.
- Hence: virility; vigor; active power.
- To list; to like.
- To have an eager, passionate, and especially an inordinate or sinful desire, as for the gratification of the sexual appetite or of covetousness;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of LUST, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word LUST
"The officer’s beady eyes didn’t miss her slightest movement and glowed with lust"
- The word/phrase 'lust' was used by 'Mario Vargas Llosa' in 'Who killed palomino molero'.
"Whatever lust he had when he came in evaporated just like that"
- 'Mario Vargas Llosa' has used the lust in the novel Who killed palomino molero.
"The fog of all lust had been swept away leaving nothing but this dreadful lucidity"
- To understand the meaning of lust, please see the following usage by Vladimir Nabokov in Lolita.
LUST has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "LUST": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I saw a city filled with lust and shame"
- This term lust was used by John McCrae in the Poem Anarchy.
"My flaming lust is going to grow cold"
- This term lust was used by Hamzah Gani in the Poem Love poem.
"No triumph and no labour and no lust"
- This term lust was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Ave atque vale.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary