Meaning of LOW in Hindi
Meaning of low in Hindi
- थोडा़ thod thodaa
- धीमा dhima dheemaa
- गहरा gahara gaharaa
- निर्धन nirdhan
- अल्प दाब क्षेत्र alp dab kshetr alp daab kshetr
- उतार utar utaar
- कम kam
- ग्राम्य gramy graamy
- दबा हुआ daba hu dabaa huaa
- मंद mand
- हल्का halka halkaa
- निचला nichala nichalaa
- निकटवर्ती nikatavarti nikatavartee nikatawarti
- निम्न होना nimn hona nimn honaa
- भाटा bhata bhaataa
- धीरे से dhire se dheere se
- उदासीन udasin udaaseen
- कमीना kamina kameenaa
- खुला khula khulaa
- अधम adham
- गरीब garib gareeb
- छोटी chhoti chhotee
- दलित dalit
- धीमी dhimi dheemee
- स्वल्प svalp swalp
- नीचे niche neeche
- धीमे dhime dheeme
- रॅभाना rebhana rebhanaa
- निम्न nimn
- बैल की तरह डकारना या बोलना bail ki tarah dakarana ya bolana bail kee tarah dakaaranaa yaa bolanaa
- निम्न श्रेणी का nimn shreni ka nimn shrenee kaa
- नीच nich neech
- कंगाल kangal kangaal
- ओछा ochha ochhaa
- नीचा nicha neechaa
- सलाम salam salaam
- छुद्र chhudr
- अधिक adhik
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of LOW in English
- strong imp. of Laugh.
- The calling sound ordinarily made by cows and other bovine animals.
- Fire; a flame; a light.
- Occupying an inferior position or place; not high or elevated; depressed in comparison with something else; as, low ground; a low flight.
- Not loud; as, a low voice; a low sound.
- To burn; to blaze.
- Beneath the usual or remunerative rate or amount, or the ordinary value; moderate; cheap; as, the low price of corn; low wages.
- Numerically small; as, a low number.
- Mean; vulgar; base; dishonorable; as, a person of low mind; a low trick or stratagem.
- Smaller than is reasonable or probable; as, a low estimate.
- In a low position or manner; not aloft; not on high; near the ground.
- In time approaching our own.
- Wanting strength or animation; depressed; dejected; as, low spirits; low in spirits.
- Not elevated or sublime; not exalted or diction; as, a low comparison.
- Submissive; humble.
- Moderate; not intense; not inflammatory; as, low heat; a low temperature; a low fever.
- Under the usual price; at a moderate price; cheaply; as, he sold his wheat low.
- In subjection, poverty, or disgrace; as, to be brought low by oppression, by want, or by vice.
- In a path near the equator, so that the declination is small, or near the horizon, so that the altitude is small;
- A hill; a mound; a grave.
- Not rising to the usual height; as, a man of low stature; a low fence.
- Made, as a vowel, with a low position of part of the tongue in relation to the palate; as, / (/m), / (all). See Guide to Pronunciation, // 5, 10, 11.
- Deficient in vital energy; feeble; weak; as, a low pulse; made low by sickness.
- With a low musical pitch or tone.
- Not rich, high seasoned, or nourishing; plain; simple; as, a low diet.
- The lowest trump, usually the deuce; the lowest trump dealt or drawn.
- In a low mean condition; humbly; meanly.
- With a low voice or sound; not loudly; gently; as, to speak low.
- To make the calling sound of cows and other bovine animals; to moo.
- Near the horizon; as, the sun is low at four o'clock in winter, and six in summer.
- Sunk to the farthest ebb of the tide; as, low tide.
- Depressed in the scale of sounds; grave; as, a low pitch; a low note.
- Near, or not very distant from, the equator; as, in the low northern latitudes.
- To depress; to lower.
- Depressed in condition; humble in rank; as, men of low condition; the lower classes.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of LOW, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word LOW
"The low buzz of chatter stopped when they walked in."
- The word/phrase 'low' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Well done, said George in a low voice."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the low in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"And then they heard it -- a low grunting, and the shuffling footfalls of gigantic feet."
- To understand the meaning of low, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
LOW usage in Proverbs/Idioms
LOW has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "LOW": Examples from famous English Poetry
"In all places high and low,"
- This term low was used by Matt Dubois in the Poem Love Poem.
"I am low, thou art high'?"
- This term low was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Hertha.
"Bending low the flowers and grasses,"
- This term low was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें