Meaning of LOST in Hindi
Meaning of lost in Hindi
- अलग किया हुआ(Pr. Alag kiya hu alag kiyaa huaa)
- खोया हुआ(Pr. Khoya hu khoyaa huaa)
- हारा हुआ(Pr. Hara hu haaraa huaa)
- हैरान(Pr. Hairan)
- नष्ट(Pr. Nasht)
- अलोप(Pr. Alop)
- अचेत(Pr. Achet)
- अदृष्ट(Pr. Adrisht)
- खोया(Pr. Khoya khoyaa)
- गँवाया हुआ(Pr. Ganvaya hu ganvaayaa huaa ganwaya hu)
- लुप्त(Pr. Lupt)
- गुम(Pr. Gum)
- डूबा हुआ(Pr. Duba hu doobaa huaa)
- खाया हुआ(Pr. Khaya hu khaayaa huaa)
- गायब चेक(Pr. Gayab chek gaayab chek)
- लुप्त विपत्र(Pr. Lupt vipatr lupt wipatr)
- लुप्त धनादेश(Pr. Lupt dhanadesh lupt dhanaadesh)
- ध्वस्त(Pr. Dhvast dhwast)
Meaning of LOST in English
- Parted with unwillingly or unintentionally; not to be found; missing; as, a lost book or sheep.
- Parted with; no longer held or possessed; as, a lost limb; lost honor.
- Not employed or enjoyed; thrown away; employed ineffectually; wasted; squandered; as, a lost day; a lost opportunity or benefit.
- Having wandered from, or unable to find, the way; bewildered; perplexed; as, a child lost in the woods; a stranger lost in london.
- Ruined or destroyed, either physically or morally; past help or hope; as, a ship lost at sea; a woman lost to virtue; a lost soul.
- Hardened beyond sensibility or recovery; alienated; insensible; as, lost to shame; lost to all sense of honor.
- Not perceptible to the senses; no longer visible; as, an island lost in a fog; a person lost in a crowd.
- Occupied with, or under the influence of, something, so as to be insensible of external things; as, to be lost in thought.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of LOST, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word LOST
"He passed a round-faced boy who was saying, gran, i've lost my toad again"
- The word/phrase 'lost' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Has anyone seen a toad neville's lost one, she said"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the lost in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"I think we've lost him, harry panted, leaning against the cold wall and wiping his forehead"
- To understand the meaning of lost, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
LOST usage in Proverbs/Idioms
LOST has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "LOST": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Lost in time"
- This term lost was used by Josh Maraman in the Poem Love poem.
"I am lost in your magic"
- This term lost was used by Rex A. Williams in the Poem Love poem.
"The day you appeared i lost my heart"
- This term lost was used by Amanda Marie Burson in the Poem Love poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary