Meaning of LEGEND in Hindi
Meaning of legend in Hindi
- दिग्गज(Pr. Diggaj diggaz)
- झूठी कहानी(Pr. Jhuthi kahani jhoothee kahanee zhuthi kahani)
- अपूर्व कहानी(Pr. Apurv kahani apoorv kahanee apurw kahani)
- पौराणिक कथा(Pr. Pauranik katha pauranik kathaa)
- कहावत(Pr. Kahavat kahaavat kahawat)
- ख्याति प्राप्त व्यक्ति(Pr. Khyati prapt vyakti khyaati praapt vyakti khyati prapt wyakti)
- दन्तकथा(Pr. Dantakatha dantakathaa)
- प्रसिद्ध व्यक्ति(Pr. Prasiddh vyakti prasiddh wyakti)
- अनुश्रुति(Pr. Anushruti)
- निर्देशिका(Pr. Nirdeshika nirdeshikaa)
- शीर्षक(Pr. Shirshak sheershak)
- लेख(Pr. Lekh)
- संकेतिका(Pr. Sanketika sanketikaa)
Meaning of LEGEND in English
- That which is appointed to be read; especially, a chronicle or register of the lives of saints, formerly read at matins, and in the refectories of religious houses.
- A story respecting saints; especially, one of a marvelous nature.
- Any wonderful story coming down from the past, but not verifiable by historical record; a myth; a fable.
- An inscription, motto, or title, esp. one surrounding the field in a medal or coin, or placed upon an heraldic shield or beneath an engraving or illustration.
- To tell or narrate, as a legend.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of LEGEND, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word LEGEND
"But these honest facts have been obscured by the fanciful legend of the chamber of secrets"
- The word/phrase 'legend' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"In my day, they told us it was a legend, that it did not exist"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the legend in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"Orderi di danilo, ran the circular legend, montenegro, nicolas rex"
- To understand the meaning of legend, please see the following usage by F. Scott Fitzgerald in The great gatsby.
LEGEND has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "LEGEND": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Listen to this indian legend"
- This term legend was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"What leaf-fringed legend haunts about thy shape"
- This term legend was used by John Keats in the Poem Ode on a grecian urn.
"And rightly will your legend never end thou man whom man could always count his friend"
- This term legend was used by kieron mcfadden in the Poem Now to our banners flock - a sonnet.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary