Meaning of JOURNEY in Hindi
Meaning of journey in Hindi
- यात्रा(Pr. Yatra yaatraa)
- स्थानान्तर में यात्रा(Pr. Sthanantar men yatra sthanantar men yaatraa)
- सफर(Pr. Saphar safar)
- सफ़र(Pr. Safar saphar)
- प्रवास(Pr. Pravas pravaas prawas)
- स्थलयात्रा(Pr. Sthalayatra sthalayaatraa)
- यात्रा करना(Pr. Yatra karana yaatraa karanaa)
- चलना(Pr. Chalana chalanaa)
- सफर करना(Pr. Saphar karana saphar karanaa safar karana)
- सफ़र करना(Pr. Safar karana safar karanaa saphar karana)
- प्रवास करना(Pr. Pravas karana pravaas karanaa prawas karana)
Meaning of JOURNEY in English
- The travel or work of a day.
- Travel or passage from one place to another; hence, figuratively, a passage through life.
- To travel from place to place; to go from home to a distance.
- To traverse; to travel over or through.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of JOURNEY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word JOURNEY
"He's got lots o' rats an' some brandy fer the journey, said hagrid in muffled voice"
- The word/phrase 'journey' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"Couldn't make us a cup o' tea, could yeh it's not been an easy journey"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the journey in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"The journey through the dark and deserted castle corridors wasn't enjoyable"
- To understand the meaning of journey, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
JOURNEY usage in Proverbs/Idioms
JOURNEY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "JOURNEY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"The bitter journey to the bourne so sweet"
- This term journey was used by Coventry Patmore in the Poem A farewell.
"On a thrilling journey to a remote place called love"
- This term journey was used by Jonathan R. Clarke in the Poem Love poem.
"Hold my hand, as this journey we start"
- This term journey was used by Carol Stecher and Jim Foreman in the Poem Love poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary