Meaning of JERK in Hindi
Meaning of jerk in Hindi
- गच(Pr. gach)
- धचकट(Pr. dhachakat)
- उखाड़ना(Pr. ukhadana ukhaadanaa)
- झटका देना(Pr. jhataka dena jhatakaa denaa zhataka dena)
- झटका(Pr. jhataka jhatakaa zhataka)
- मूर्ख(Pr. murkh moorkh)
- ऐंठन(Pr. ainthan)
- क्षेप(Pr. kshep)
- धक्का(Pr. dhakka dhakkaa)
- समुच्छल(Pr. samuchchhal)
- झटके से खींचना(Pr. jhatake se khinchana jhatake se kheenchanaa zhatake se khinchana)
- झटकना(Pr. jhatakana jhatakanaa zhatakana)
- फेकना(Pr. phekana phekanaa fekana)
Meaning of JERK in English
- To cut into long slices or strips and dry in the sun; as, jerk beef. See Charqui.
- To give a quick and suddenly arrested thrust, push, pull, or twist, to; to yerk; as, to jerk one with the elbow; to jerk a coat off.
- To flout with contempt.
- A sudden start or spring.
- To beat; to strike.
- To throw with a quick and suddenly arrested motion of the hand; as, to jerk a stone.
- To make a sudden motion; to move with a start, or by starts.
- A short, sudden pull, thrust, push, twitch, jolt, shake, or similar motion.
- A sudden pull.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of JERK, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word JERK
"Harry's broom had given a wild jerk and Harry swung off it."
- The word/phrase 'jerk' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Instantly, Harry felt a jerk somewhere behind his navel."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the jerk in the novel Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
"With little jerk of her head she looked back into the hall."
- To understand the meaning of jerk, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.
JERK has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "JERK": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Felt the loose line jerk and tighten,"
- This term jerk was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"A sudden jerk,"
- This term jerk was used by Shashank Nakate in the Poem Mindquake - Poem.
"And then I'm going to bury your jerk body In the dumpster behind Chili's."
- This term jerk was used by Kirsten Luzhin in the Poem Joseph Doogan Is A Jerk Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें