Meaning of INFLUENCE in Hindi
Meaning of influence in Hindi
- प्रभाव(Pr. prabhav prabhaav prabhaw)
- असर(Pr. asar)
- प्रभावित होना(Pr. prabhavit hona prabhaavit honaa prabhawit hona)
- नाम(Pr. nam naam)
- प्रभावकारी व्यक्ति(Pr. prabhavakari vyakti prabhaavakaaree vyakti prabhawakari wyakti)
- प्रभावशाली व्यक्ति(Pr. prabhavashali vyakti prabhaavashaalee vyakti prabhawashali wyakti)
- अधिकार(Pr. adhikar adhikaar)
- असर डालना(Pr. asar dalana asar daalanaa)
- प्रभुता(Pr. prabhuta prabhutaa)
- प्रभावित करना(Pr. prabhavit karana prabhaavit karanaa prabhawit karana)
- प्रभाव डालना(Pr. prabhav dalana prabhaav daalanaa prabhaw dalana)
- जोर(Pr. jor zor)
- असर करना(Pr. asar karana asar karanaa)
- प्रभावशाली(Pr. prabhavashali prabhaavashaalee prabhawashali)
- दबाव(Pr. dabav dabaav dabaw)
- प्रभाव डालने वाली वस्तु(Pr. prabhav dalane vali vastu prabhaav daalane vaalee vastu prabhaw dalane wali wastu)
- रोब(Pr. rob)
- दबाव डालना(Pr. dabav dalana dabaav daalanaa dabaw dalana)
- प्रभुत्व(Pr. prabhutv prabhutw)
- पर प्रभाव डालना(Pr. par prabhav dalana par prabhaav daalanaa par prabhaw dalana)
- प्रेरित करना(Pr. prerit karana prerit karanaa)
Meaning of INFLUENCE in English
- Power or authority arising from elevated station, excelence of character or intellect, wealth, etc.; reputation; acknowledged ascendency; as, he is a man of influence in the community.
- A flowing in or upon; influx.
- Hence, in general, the bringing about of an effect, phusical or moral, by a gradual process; controlling power quietly exerted; agency, force, or tendency of any kind which the sun exerts on animal and vegetable life; the influence of education on the mind; the influence, according to astrologers,of the stars over affairs.
- To control or move by power, physical or moral; to affect by gentle action; to exert an influence upon; to modify, bias, or sway; to move; to persuade; to induce.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of INFLUENCE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word INFLUENCE
"Father's got a lot of influence, you know."
- The word/phrase 'influence' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban'.
"Under their influence, I became less dangerous."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the influence in the novel Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
"Harry watched as, one by one, his classmates did the most extraordinary things under its influence."
- To understand the meaning of influence, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
INFLUENCE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
INFLUENCE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "INFLUENCE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And happy influence upon us raine,"
- This term influence was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
"And high and low the influence know—"
- This term influence was used by Sir Walter Scott in the Poem A Serenade.
"Bending one way their pretious influence,"
- This term influence was used by John Milton in the Poem Hymn on the Morning of Christ's Nativity.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें