Meaning of INDULGE in Hindi
Meaning of indulge in Hindi
- न रोकना(Pr. N rokana na rokanaa)
- स्वीकृति देना(Pr. Svikriti dena sveekriti denaa swikriti dena)
- मन रखना(Pr. Man rakhana man rakhanaa)
- खुश करना(Pr. Khush karana khush karanaa)
- प्रसन्न करना(Pr. Prasann karana prasann karanaa)
- संतुष्ट करना(Pr. Santusht karana santusht karanaa)
- लगना(Pr. Lagana laganaa)
- का मन रखना(Pr. Ka man rakhana kaa man rakhanaa)
- तृप्त करना(Pr. Tript karana tript karanaa)
- लिप्त होना(Pr. Lipt hona lipt honaa)
- आनंद लूटना(Pr. Aanand lutana anand lootanaa)
- अत्यधिक उपभोग करना(Pr. Atyadhik upabhog karana atyadhik upabhog karanaa)
- निरत होना(Pr. Nirat hona nirat honaa)
- प्रदान करना(Pr. Pradan karana pradan karanaa)
- मग्न हो जाना(Pr. Magn ho jana magn ho janaa magn ho zana)
Meaning of INDULGE in English
- To be complacent toward; to give way to; not to oppose or restrain
- To give free course to; to give one's self up to; as, to indulge sloth, pride, selfishness, or inclinations;
- To yield to the desire of; to gratify by compliance; to humor; to withhold restraint from; as, to indulge children in their caprices or willfulness; to indulge one's self with a rest or in pleasure.
- To grant as by favor; to bestow in concession, or in compliance with a wish or request.
- To indulge one's self; to gratify one's tastes or desires; esp., to give one's self up (to); to practice a forbidden or questionable act without restraint;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of INDULGE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word INDULGE
"Well, indulge in your respect by all means! schoolmasters thrive on it"
- The word/phrase 'indulge' was used by 'Rabindranath Tagore' in 'The home and the world'.
"That is just the sort of bravado he loves to indulge in"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the indulge in the novel The home and the world.
"Do not allow yourself to indulge in false hopes, mr. phelps"
- To understand the meaning of indulge, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete sherlock holmes.
INDULGE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
INDULGE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "INDULGE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Dare not indulge in memory's rapturous pain;"
- This term indulge was used by Emily Brontë in the Poem Remembrance.
"And let me indulge in my fear of the future"
- This term indulge was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem The dark - poem.
"The best of intentions can indulge the fragile in games of hope and happiness"
- This term indulge was used by Kevin Guadamuz in the Poem The best of intentions.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें