Meaning of HOUSE in Hindi
Meaning of house in Hindi
- व्यवस्थापक अंग(Pr. vyavasthapak ang vyavasthaapak ang wyawasthapak ang)
- सभा(Pr. sabha sabhaa)
- घर देना(Pr. ghar dena ghar denaa)
- घर में रखना(Pr. ghar men rakhana ghar men rakhanaa)
- रखना(Pr. rakhana rakhanaa)
- भवन(Pr. bhavan bhawan)
- आगार(Pr. aagar aagaar)
- कारखाना(Pr. karakhana kaarakhanaa)
- गृह(Pr. grih)
- प्रतिष्ठान(Pr. pratishthan)
- शाला(Pr. shala shaalaa)
- मकान(Pr. makan)
- सञ्चय करना(Pr. sanjchay karana sanjchay karanaa sanzchay karana)
- घर मे रखना(Pr. ghar me rakhana ghar me rakhanaa)
- राजघराना(Pr. rajagharana raajagharanaa razagharana)
- आश्रय देना(Pr. aashray dena aashray denaa)
- घर में बसाना(Pr. ghar men basana ghar men basanaa)
- घरमें ठहराना(Pr. gharamen thaharana gharamen thaharanaa)
- राजकुल(Pr. rajakul raajakul razakul)
- वंश(Pr. vansh wansh)
- घराना(Pr. gharana gharanaa)
- सदन(Pr. sadan)
- घर मे बसाना(Pr. ghar me basana ghar me basanaa)
- घर(Pr. ghar)
- मकान देना(Pr. makan dena makan denaa)
- कुल(Pr. kul)
- कोठी(Pr. kothi kothee)
- परिवार(Pr. parivar parivaar pariwar)
- महल(Pr. mahal)
Meaning of HOUSE in English
- Those who dwell in the same house; a household.
- The grave.
- To take or put into a house; to shelter under a roof; to cover from the inclemencies of the weather; to protect by covering; as, to house one's family in a comfortable home; to house farming utensils; to house cattle.
- To deposit and cover, as in the grave.
- To have a position in one of the houses. See House, n., 8.
- The body, as the habitation of the soul.
- A public house; an inn; a hotel.
- A square on a chessboard, regarded as the proper place of a piece.
- One of the estates of a kingdom or other government assembled in parliament or legislature; a body of men united in a legislative capacity; as, the House of Lords; the House of Commons; the House of Representatives; also, a quorum of such a body. See Congress, and Parliament.
- To drive to a shelter.
- To admit to residence; to harbor.
- To stow in a safe place; to take down and make safe; as, to house the upper spars.
- To take shelter or lodging; to abide to dwell; to lodge.
- A structure intended or used as a habitation or shelter for animals of any kind; but especially, a building or edifice for the habitation of man; a dwelling place, a mansion.
- Household affairs; domestic concerns; particularly in the phrase to keep house. See below.
- A family of ancestors, descendants, and kindred; a race of persons from the same stock; a tribe; especially, a noble family or an illustrious race; as, the house of Austria; the house of Hanover; the house of Israel.
- A firm, or commercial establishment.
- A twelfth part of the heavens, as divided by six circles intersecting at the north and south points of the horizon, used by astrologers in noting the positions of the heavenly bodies, and casting horoscopes or nativities. The houses were regarded as fixed in respect to the horizon, and numbered from the one at the eastern horizon, called the ascendant, first house, or house of life, downward, or in the direction of the earth's revolution, the stars and planets passing through them in the reverse order every twenty-four hours.
- An audience; an assembly of hearers, as at a lecture, a theater, etc.; as, a thin or a full house.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of HOUSE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word HOUSE
"Little tyke, chortled Mr. Dursley as he left the house."
- The word/phrase 'house' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"Trying to pull himself together, he let himself into the house."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the house in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"Know what house you'll be in yet? No, said Harry, feeling more stupid by the minute."
- To understand the meaning of house, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
HOUSE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
HOUSE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें