Meaning of HORIZON in Hindi
Meaning of horizon in Hindi
Meaning of HORIZON in English
- The circle which bounds that part of the earth's surface visible to a spectator from a given point; the apparent junction of the earth and sky.
- A plane passing through the eye of the spectator and at right angles to the vertical at a given place; a plane tangent to the earth's surface at that place; called distinctively the sensible horizon.
- A plane parallel to the sensible horizon of a place, and passing through the earth's center;
- The unbroken line separating sky and water, as seen by an eye at a given elevation, no land being visible.
- The epoch or time during which a deposit was made.
- The chief horizontal line in a picture of any sort, which determines in the picture the height of the eye of the spectator; in an extended landscape, the representation of the natural horizon corresponds with this line.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of HORIZON, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word HORIZON
"There was a cool line of pale green along the horizon: dawn was approaching"
- The word/phrase 'horizon' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the order of the phoenix book'.
"Surangama, look! a cloud of dust seems to rise over the eastern horizon across the fields"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the horizon in the novel The king of the dark chamber.
"Look, my queen, there on the eastern horizon comes the dawn"
- To understand the meaning of horizon, please see the following usage by Rabindranath Tagore in The king of the dark chamber.
HORIZON has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "HORIZON": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Id give anything to see the sun set on the horizon"
- This term horizon was used by Muhammad Edwan Shaharir in the Poem Love poem.
"The horizon turns pink"
- This term horizon was used by Randy Schutte in the Poem Love poem.
"A path winding across the horizon"
- This term horizon was used by A.J. Miller in the Poem Love poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary