Meaning of HONOR in Hindi
Meaning of honor in Hindi
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of HONOR in English
- To accept and pay when due; as, to honora bill of exchange.
- A title applied to the holders of certain honorable civil offices, or to persons of rank; as, His Honor the Mayor. See Note under Honorable.
- The ace, king, queen, and jack of trumps. The ten and nine are sometimes called Dutch honors.
- A nice sense of what is right, just, and true, with course of life correspondent thereto; strict conformity to the duty imposed by conscience, position, or privilege.
- That to which esteem or consideration is paid; distinguished position; high rank.
- A token of esteem paid to worth; a mark of respect; a ceremonial sign of consideration; as, he wore an honor on his breast; military honors; civil honors.
- A cause of respect and fame; a glory; an excellency; an ornament; as, he is an honor to his nation.
- Academic or university prizes or distinctions; as, honors in classics.
- That which rightfully attracts esteem, respect, or consideration; self-respect; dignity; courage; fidelity; especially, excellence of character; high moral worth; virtue; nobleness; specif., in men, integrity; uprightness; trustworthness; in women, purity; chastity.
- Fame; reputation; credit.
- Esteem due or paid to worth; high estimation; respect; consideration; reverence; veneration; manifestation of respect or reverence.
- A seigniory or lordship held of the king, on which other lordships and manors depended.
- To regard or treat with honor, esteem, or respect; to revere; to treat with deference and submission; when used of the Supreme Being, to reverence; to adore; to worship.
- To dignify; to raise to distinction or notice; to bestow honor upon; to elevate in rank or station; to ennoble; to exalt; to glorify; hence, to do something to honor; to treat in a complimentary manner or with civility.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of HONOR, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word HONOR
"Such an honor it is."
- The word/phrase 'honor' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"It would be such an honor if you would attend."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the honor in the novel Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.
"She's always going on about how I should be upholding the family honor."
- To understand the meaning of honor, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
HONOR usage in Proverbs/Idioms
HONOR has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "HONOR": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Made a banquet to his honor."
- This term honor was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"My hand I extend and my honor I offer;"
- This term honor was used by Carol Stecher and Jim Foreman in the Poem Love Poem.
"Happy in marriage, honor and love"
- This term honor was used by Earl J. Dawson Jr. in the Poem Love Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें