Meaning of HOLIDAY in Hindi
Meaning of holiday in Hindi
- त्यौहार(Pr. Tyauhar tyauhaar)
- छुट्टी(Pr. Chhutti chhuttee)
- उत्सव का दिन(Pr. Utsav ka din utsav kaa din utsaw ka din)
- पर्यटन(Pr. Paryatan)
- पर्व(Pr. Parv parw)
- अवकाश(Pr. Avakash avakaash awakash)
- छुट्टियाँ(Pr. Chhuttiyan chhuttiyaan)
- अवकाश का दिन(Pr. Avakash ka din avakaash kaa din awakash ka din)
- छुट्टी बिताना(Pr. Chhutti bitana chhuttee bitanaa)
- उत्सव मन्ना(Pr. Utsav manna utsav mannaa utsaw manna)
Meaning of HOLIDAY in English
- A consecrated day; religious anniversary; a day set apart in honor of some person, or in commemoration of some event. see holyday.
- A day of exemption from labor; a day of amusement and gayety; a festival day.
- A day fixed by law for suspension of business; a legal holiday.
- Of or pertaining to a festival; cheerful; joyous; gay.
- Occurring rarely; adapted for a special occasion.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of HOLIDAY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word HOLIDAY
"What a jolly holiday it's going to be"
- The word/phrase 'holiday' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"Call this a holiday! seamus finnigan roared at the common room one afternoon"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the holiday in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"Having a good holiday, dudley he said kindly"
- To understand the meaning of holiday, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
HOLIDAY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "HOLIDAY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Scrawled over on some boyish holiday"
- This term holiday was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem Helas!.
"To glory in our holiday"
- This term holiday was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem A western voyage.
"Solemniz'd there thy birth, and kept thy holiday above"
- This term holiday was used by John Dryden in the Poem Ode.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें