Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of HOLIDAY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word HOLIDAY
"What a jolly holiday it's going to be"
- The word/phrase 'holiday' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"Call this a holiday! seamus finnigan roared at the common room one afternoon"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the holiday in the novel Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban.
"Having a good holiday, dudley he said kindly"
- To understand the meaning of holiday, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
HOLIDAY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "HOLIDAY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Scrawled over on some boyish holiday"
- This term holiday was used by Oscar Wilde in the Poem Helas!.
"To glory in our holiday"
- This term holiday was used by James Elroy Flecker in the Poem A western voyage.
"Solemniz'd there thy birth, and kept thy holiday above"
- This term holiday was used by John Dryden in the Poem Ode.