Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of HISTORY, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word HISTORY
"Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards"
- The word/phrase 'history' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"I read about it in hogwarts, a history"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the history in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Their very last exam was history of magic"
- To understand the meaning of history, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
HISTORY has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "HISTORY": Examples from famous English Poetry
"All the love that history knows"
- This term history was used by Author Unknown in the Poem Love poem.
"And read their history in a nation’s eyes"
- This term history was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a country churchyard.
"Love's noble history, with wit"
- This term history was used by Richard Crashaw in the Poem A hymn to the name and honour.