Meaning of HALF in Hindi
Meaning of half in Hindi
- अर्द्ध arddh
- अर्ध ardh
- खेल का एक भाग khel ka ek bhag khel kaa ek bhaag
- सौतेला sautela sautelaa
- आधा करना aadha karana aadhaa karanaa
- आधा काम करना aadha kam karana aadhaa kaam karanaa
- अंशतः anshatah
- करीब karib kareeb
- अपूर्ण apurn apoorn
- आधा aadha aadhaa
- आधा भाग aadha bhag aadhaa bhaag
- हाफ haph haaph haf
- प्राय pray praay
- अर्द्धांश arddhansh arddhaansh
- अर्धांश ardhansh ardhaansh
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of HALF in English
- Consisting of some indefinite portion resembling a half; approximately a half, whether more or less; partial; imperfect; as, a half dream; half knowledge.
- Consisting of a moiety, or half; as, a half bushel; a half hour; a half dollar; a half view.
- In an equal part or degree; in some pa/ appro/mating a half; partially; imperfectly; as, half-colored, half done, half-hearted, half persuaded, half conscious.
- One of two equal parts into which anything may be divided, or considered as divided;
- To halve. [Obs.] See Halve.
- Part; side; behalf.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of HALF, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word HALF
- The word/phrase 'half' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"No, no -here, ebony and unicorn hair, eight and a half inches, springy."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the half in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"Yes, thirteen-and-a-half inches."
- To understand the meaning of half, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
HALF usage in Proverbs/Idioms
HALF has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "HALF": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Half in fear and half in frolic,"
- This term half was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"Half-taught in anguish, through the midnight air"
- This term half was used by Elizabeth Barrett Browning in the Poem Grief.
"In a life parti-colour'd, half pleasure, half care."
- This term half was used by Matthew Prior in the Poem For my own Monument.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें