Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GRUDGE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GRUDGE
"Chapter fourteen snape's grudge no one in gryffindor tower slept that night"
- The word/phrase 'grudge' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"Someone couldn’ have a grudge against the gryfinndor quidditch team, could they said hagrid anxiously"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the grudge in the novel Harry potter and the half blood prince.
"Potter later gave evidence against severus snape, man against whom he has notorious grudge"
- To understand the meaning of grudge, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the deathly hallows.
GRUDGE usage in Proverbs/Idioms
Usage of "GRUDGE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Grudge at their prosperity"
- This term grudge was used by George Wither in the Poem The choice.
"The equal friend; no grudge, no strife;"
- This term grudge was used by Henry Howard in the Poem The means to attain happy life.
"I grudge them not, — they pass, albeit sweet"
- This term grudge was used by John McCrae in the Poem Upon watts' picture "sic transit".