Meaning of GROOM in Hindi
Meaning of groom in Hindi
- सीस(Pr. sis sees)
- दुल्हा(Pr. dulha dulhaa)
- दूल्हा(Pr. dulha doolhaa)
- साईस(Pr. sais saaees)
- घोडे की देखरेख करना(Pr. ghode ki dekharekh karana ghode kee dekharekh karanaa)
- घोडे के खरैरा करना(Pr. ghode ke kharaira karana ghode ke kharairaa karanaa)
- तैयार करना(Pr. taiyar karana taiyaar karanaa)
- घोड़े की देखरेख करना(Pr. ghode ki dekharekh karana ghode kee dekharekh karanaa)
- घोड़े के खरैरा करना(Pr. ghode ke kharaira karana ghode ke kharairaa karanaa)
- वर(Pr. var war)
- साइस(Pr. saes saaes)
Meaning of GROOM in English
- A boy or young man; a waiter; a servant; especially, a man or boy who has charge of horses, or the stable.
- One of several officers of the English royal household, chiefly in the lord chamberlain's department; as, the groom of the chamber; the groom of the stole.
- A man recently married, or about to be married; a bridegroom.
- To tend or care for, or to curry or clean, as a, horse.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GROOM, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GROOM
"On the box sat a groom in livery, with a long whip in his hands."
- The word/phrase 'groom' was used by 'Anton Chekhov' in 'The Stories of Anton Chekhov'.
"Charles, meanwhile, went to ask a groom to put his horse to."
- 'Gustave Flaubert' has used the groom in the novel Madame Bovary.
"My groom and my page sleep out of the house, and may be set aside altogether."
- To understand the meaning of groom, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete Sherlock Holmes.
GROOM usage in Proverbs/Idioms
GROOM has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GROOM": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Or groom!—We must run glittering like a brook"
- This term groom was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem England, 1802.
"So please drop in a token of love for this special Groom & Bride,"
- This term groom was used by Tulika Nair in the Poem Wishing Well Poems.
"Usually in honor of the bride and the groom."
- This term groom was used by Ishani Shukla in the Poem Types of Poems.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें