Meaning of GRANDEUR in Hindi
Meaning of grandeur in Hindi
Meaning of GRANDEUR in English
- The state or quality of being grand; vastness; greatness; splendor; magnificence; stateliness; sublimity; dignity; elevation of thought or expression; nobility of action.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GRANDEUR, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GRANDEUR
"Regulus’s bedroom was slightly smaller than sirius’s, though it had the same sense of former grandeur"
- The word/phrase 'grandeur' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the deathly hallows'.
"The king of kanchi wants to demonstrate the futility and inferiority of outer beauty and grandeur"
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the grandeur in the novel The king of the dark chamber.
"No one was better able to appreciate her grandeur than levin"
- To understand the meaning of grandeur, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna karenina.
GRANDEUR has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GRANDEUR": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Nor grandeur hear with a disdainful smile"
- This term grandeur was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a country churchyard.
"No grandeur now in nature or in book"
- This term grandeur was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem England, 1802.
"And the grandeur that was rome"
- This term grandeur was used by Edgar Allan Poe in the Poem To helen.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें