Meaning of GRAIN in Hindi
Meaning of grain in Hindi
- बीज(Pr. bij beej biz)
- अन्न(Pr. ann)
- अनाज(Pr. anaj anaaj anaz)
- दाना(Pr. dana danaa)
- अणु(Pr. anu)
- रवा(Pr. rava ravaa rawa)
- कण(Pr. kan)
- एक बहुत छोटी तोल(Pr. ek bahut chhoti tol ek bahut chhotee tol)
- एक डेढ रत्ती की तौल(Pr. ek dedh ratti ki taul ek dedh rattee kee taul)
- फसल(Pr. phasal fasal)
- धान्य(Pr. dhany)
- सूत्र(Pr. sutr sootr)
- स्वभाव(Pr. svabhav svabhaav swabhaw)
- ग्रेन(Pr. gren)
- तन्तु(Pr. tantu)
- बीजा(Pr. bija beejaa biza)
- मिज़ाज़(Pr. mizaz mizaaz mijaj)
- तौल की सबसे छोटी इकाई(Pr. taul ki sabase chhoti ekai taul kee sabase chhotee ekaaee)
- एक डेढ़ रत्ती की तौल(Pr. ek dedh ratti ki taul ek dedh rattee kee taul)
Meaning of GRAIN in English
- One the branches of a valley or of a river.
- An iron first speak or harpoon, having four or more barbed points.
- A blade of a sword, knife, etc.
- A thin piece of metal, used in a mold to steady a core.
- See Groan.
- A single small hard seed; a kernel, especially of those plants, like wheat, whose seeds are used for food.
- The fruit of certain grasses which furnish the chief food of man, as corn, wheat, rye, oats, etc., or the plants themselves;
- Any small, hard particle, as of sand, sugar, salt, etc.; hence, any minute portion or particle; as, a grain of gunpowder, of pollen, of starch, of sense, of wit, etc.
- The unit of the English system of weights;
- A reddish dye made from the coccus insect, or kermes; hence, a red color of any tint or hue, as crimson, scarlet, etc.; sometimes used by the poets as equivalent to Tyrian purple.
- The composite particles of any substance; that arrangement of the particles of any body which determines its comparative roughness or hardness; texture; as, marble, sugar, sandstone, etc., of fine grain.
- The direction, arrangement, or appearance of the fibers in wood, or of the strata in stone, slate, etc.
- The fiber which forms the substance of wood or of any fibrous material.
- The hair side of a piece of leather, or the marking on that side.
- The remains of grain, etc., after brewing or distillation; hence, any residuum. Also called draff.
- A rounded prominence on the back of a sepal, as in the common dock. See Grained, a., 4.
- Temper; natural disposition; inclination.
- A sort of spice, the grain of paradise.
- To paint in imitation of the grain of wood, marble, etc.
- To form (powder, sugar, etc.) into grains.
- To take the hair off (skins); to soften and raise the grain of (leather, etc.).
- To yield fruit.
- To form grains, or to assume a granular ferm, as the result of crystallization; to granulate.
- A branch of a tree; a stalk or stem of a plant.
- A tine, prong, or fork.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GRAIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GRAIN
"Toss their grain, herd them to water and keep them from waddling off."
- The word/phrase 'grain' was used by 'Toni Morrison' in 'A Mercy'.
"The grain smelt of fish and fish-scales were mixed up with the millet."
- 'Anton Chekhov' has used the grain in the novel The Stories of Anton Chekhov.
"In those cynical words there was indeed a grain of truth."
- To understand the meaning of grain, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna Karenina.
GRAIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GRAIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I the grain and the furrow,"
- This term grain was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Hertha.
"To grain, then, go my fat, to buds my sap,"
- This term grain was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem A Terre.
"The ants have brimm'd their garners with ripe grain,"
- This term grain was used by Thomas Hood in the Poem Autumn.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें