Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GRAIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GRAIN
"Toss their grain, herd them to water and keep them from waddling off"
- The word/phrase 'grain' was used by 'Toni Morrison' in 'A mercy'.
"The grain smelt of fish and fish-scales were mixed up with the millet"
- 'Anton Chekhov' has used the grain in the novel The stories of anton chekhov.
"In those cynical words there was indeed a grain of truth"
- To understand the meaning of grain, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna karenina.
GRAIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GRAIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I the grain and the furrow"
- This term grain was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Hertha.
"To grain, then, go my fat, to buds my sap"
- This term grain was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem A terre.
"The ants have brimm'd their garners with ripe grain"
- This term grain was used by Thomas Hood in the Poem Autumn.