Meaning of GRAIN in Hindi
Meaning of grain in Hindi
- मिज़ाज़(Pr. mizaz mizaaz mijaj)
- स्वभाव(Pr. svabhav svabhaav swabhaw)
- अन्न(Pr. ann)
- कण(Pr. kan)
- तन्तु(Pr. tantu)
- धान्य(Pr. dhany)
- बीज(Pr. bij beej biz)
- सूत्र(Pr. sutr sootr)
- अणु(Pr. anu)
- एक बहुत छोटी तोल(Pr. ek bahut chhoti tol ek bahut chhotee tol)
- एक डेढ रत्ती की तौल(Pr. ek dedh ratti ki taul ek dedh rattee kee taul)
- एक डेढ़ रत्ती की तौल(Pr. ek dedh ratti ki taul ek dedh rattee kee taul)
- ग्रेन(Pr. gren)
- दाना(Pr. dana danaa)
- फसल(Pr. phasal fasal)
- बीजा(Pr. bija beejaa biza)
- रवा(Pr. rava ravaa rawa)
- अनाज(Pr. anaj anaaj anaz)
- तौल की सबसे छोटी इकाई(Pr. taul ki sabase chhoti ekai taul kee sabase chhotee ekaaee)
Meaning of GRAIN in English
- A single small hard seed; a kernel, especially of those plants, like wheat, whose seeds are used for food.
- Any small, hard particle, as of sand, sugar, salt, etc.; hence, any minute portion or particle; as, a grain of gunpowder, of pollen, of starch, of sense, of wit, etc.
- A reddish dye made from the coccus insect, or kermes; hence, a red color of any tint or hue, as crimson, scarlet, etc.; sometimes used by the poets as equivalent to Tyrian purple.
- The direction, arrangement, or appearance of the fibers in wood, or of the strata in stone, slate, etc.
- The remains of grain, etc., after brewing or distillation; hence, any residuum. Also called draff.
- A rounded prominence on the back of a sepal, as in the common dock. See Grained, a., 4.
- A sort of spice, the grain of paradise.
- To form grains, or to assume a granular ferm, as the result of crystallization; to granulate.
- To take the hair off (skins); to soften and raise the grain of (leather, etc.).
- One the branches of a valley or of a river.
- A blade of a sword, knife, etc.
- See Groan.
- The fruit of certain grasses which furnish the chief food of man, as corn, wheat, rye, oats, etc., or the plants themselves;
- The unit of the English system of weights;
- The composite particles of any substance; that arrangement of the particles of any body which determines its comparative roughness or hardness; texture; as, marble, sugar, sandstone, etc., of fine grain.
- An iron first speak or harpoon, having four or more barbed points.
- The fiber which forms the substance of wood or of any fibrous material.
- The hair side of a piece of leather, or the marking on that side.
- Temper; natural disposition; inclination.
- To yield fruit.
- A branch of a tree; a stalk or stem of a plant.
- A tine, prong, or fork.
- To paint in imitation of the grain of wood, marble, etc.
- To form (powder, sugar, etc.) into grains.
- A thin piece of metal, used in a mold to steady a core.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GRAIN, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GRAIN
"Toss their grain, herd them to water and keep them from waddling off."
- The word/phrase 'grain' was used by 'Toni Morrison' in 'A Mercy'.
"The grain smelt of fish and fish-scales were mixed up with the millet."
- 'Anton Chekhov' has used the grain in the novel The Stories of Anton Chekhov.
"In those cynical words there was indeed a grain of truth."
- To understand the meaning of grain, please see the following usage by Leo Tolstoy in Anna Karenina.
GRAIN has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GRAIN": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I the grain and the furrow,"
- This term grain was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Hertha.
"To grain, then, go my fat, to buds my sap,"
- This term grain was used by Wilfred Owen in the Poem A Terre.
"The ants have brimm'd their garners with ripe grain,"
- This term grain was used by Thomas Hood in the Poem Autumn.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें