Meaning of GOLD in Hindi
Meaning of gold in Hindi
- कनक(Pr. Kanak)
- स्वर्ण(Pr. Svarn swarn)
- सुवर्ण(Pr. Suvarn suwarn)
- सोना(Pr. Sona sonaa)
- स्वर्ण(Pr. svrn)
- सोने का(Pr. Sone ka sone kaa)
- कञ्चन(Pr. Kanjchan kanzchan)
- रुपया(Pr. Rupaya rupayaa)
- पैसा(Pr. Paisa paisaa)
- सम्पत्ति(Pr. Sampatti)
- स्वर्णपदक(Pr. Svarnapadak swarnapadak)
- सुनहला रंग(Pr. Sunahala rang sunahalaa rang)
- सज्जनता(Pr. Sajjanata sajjanataa sazzanata)
- संपत्ति(Pr. Sanpatti)
- सूवर्ण(Pr. Suvarn soovarn suwarn)
Meaning of GOLD in English
- Alt. of goolde
- A metallic element, constituting the most precious metal used as a common commercial medium of exchange. it has a characteristic yellow color, is one of the heaviest substances known (specific gravity 19.32), is soft, and very malleable and ductile. it is quite unalterable by heat, moisture, and most corrosive agents, and therefore well suited for its use in coin and jewelry. symbol au (aurum). atomic weight 196.7.
- Money; riches; wealth.
- A yellow color, like that of the metal; as, a flower tipped with gold.
- Figuratively, something precious or pure; as, hearts of gold.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of GOLD, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word GOLD
"Inside were mounds of gold coins"
- The word/phrase 'gold' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"The gold ones are galleons, he explained"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the gold in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Peeling gold letters over the door read ollivanders: makers of fine wands since 382 b"
- To understand the meaning of gold, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
GOLD usage in Proverbs/Idioms
GOLD has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "GOLD": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Love is like a lump of gold"
- This term gold was used by Loy Bowman in the Poem Love poem.
"Is worth far more than gold.."
- This term gold was used by Helen Steiner Rice in the Poem Friendship poem.
"Its fingers spread like fine spun gold"
- This term gold was used by Sheelagh Lennon in the Poem Love poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary